Red Raider Rules
Welcome to Red Raider Rules! This will be an effort to reach out and educate the
members of the Red Raider Club on NCAA rules and regulations. You will receive the Red Raider Rules as part
of regular e-mails from the Red Raider Club.
- Boosters are not permitted to make phone calls to prospects (recruits) or their relatives. If a prospect calls a booster, the conversation cannot be for recruiting purposes and any questions about the athletics program at Texas Tech must be directed to the coaching staff.
- Boosters cannot write, page, text message or instant message a prospect to encourage him/her to attend Texas Tech.
- Boosters may attend a prospect's contest on their own initiative, but may not have any contact with the prospect.
- Boosters may not contact a prospect or his/her coach, principal or counselor to evaluate the prospect and may not visit a prospect's educational institution to pick up film/videotape or transcripts pertaining to the evaluation of the prospect.
- Boosters may not contact a prospect to congratulate him/her on signing a National Letter of Intent to attend Texas Tech.
- Boosters may not bring prospects to Red Raider Club functions, including chapter meetings.
- Boosters may not have contact at any time with a prospect or his/her parents when the prospect is on the Texas Tech campus for an official or an unofficial visit, be it in the locker room after a game, at a tailgate party or at an off-campus location.
- Boosters may not provide prospects or student-athletes with any goods or services, including any type of special discount or payment arrangement (e.g., cosigning a loan, free or reduced-cost housing).
- Boosters cannot provide student-athletes with any sort of extra benefit, which refers to any special arrangement to provide a student-athlete or his/her family with a benefit available to the general student population.
- Boosters can employ Texas Tech student-athletes during both the academic year and summer. Prospects can only be employed during the summer prior to enrollment at Texas Tech and must have graduated from high school or junior college before such employment may begin. Current student-athletes and prospects must be paid for work actually performed and at a rate commensurate with the going rate in that locale.
The Texas Tech Athletics Department appreciates your efforts to comply with NCAA rules. Please contact the Texas Tech Compliance Office (806) 742.3355 if you have any questions.