Media members wishing to cover the Texas Tech baseball team at Dan Law Field at Rip Griffin Park during the 2016 season must be issued a working credential from the Texas Tech Athletics Communications Office.
- All requests for both media and photo credentials must be emailed at least two days in advance of the game date to Matt Dowdy, Associate Director of Athletics Communications.
- Requests are honored from sports editors of daily and weekly newspapers, editors of sports periodicals, and sports directors of radio and television stations who broadcast regularly scheduled daily sports reports and talk shows along with online media who consistently cover college baseball.
- Credentials can be picked up in the Athletics Communications Office (south end of Jones AT&T Stadium) or at will call (one hour before first pitch), which is located at the main entrance to Dan Law Field at Rip Griffin Park.
PRESS BOX SERVICES
A complete NCAA box score and pertinent game facts will be distributed to members of the working media following the conclusion of the game.
- Game notes, statistics, lineups and rosters are provided prior to first pitch. Information can also be found at texastech.com.
- A pre-game meal is served in the press box approximately 1 1/2 hours prior to first pitch on select home games.
FOLLOW THE RED RAIDERS
Follow Tech all season on Twitter @TechAthletics or @TTU_Baseball as well as on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and the official website of Texas Tech Athletics, texastech.com. Texas Tech offers live video (home games) and audio streaming for all baseball games.
Credentials for sideline photographers will be issued to working press on the basis of circulation with priority granted to agencies covering the participating schools on a regular basis. Tech adheres to NCAA photography policies. Photographers are permitted on the baseball field but must remain within the marked areas at the ends of both dugouts.
Broadcast quality highlights of home games can be obtained via FTP. To receive information contact Matt Dowdy for login information.
Dan Law Field at Rip Griffin Park is equipped with two radio booths - one for Texas Tech and one for the visiting team. ISDN lines are available in each booth as well as a dedicated phone line. For information on the ISDN and phone lines, please contact Matt Dowdy.
INTERVIEWING HEAD COACH TIM TADLOCK
All interview requests with head coach Tim Tadlock must be arranged through Matt Dowdy in the Athletics Communications Office.
Media requesting player interviews are required to contact Matt Dowdy as far in advance as possible for availability. Players who are made available - depending on their schedules - will speak to the media prior to the start of practice. Practice normally begins at 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays with the exception of gameday and travel days.
- Requested player interviews will begin at 1:30 p.m. in the Texas Tech Baseball Stadium Club, located on the second level of the stadium down the right-field line. The team will usually NOT practice on Mondays, therefore, if a media member wishes to do something that requires more time, Monday or the scheduled off day during the week is an ideal day for this.
- Contact Matt Dowdy in the Athletics Communications Office to set up a phone interview or a special request with a player. Individual phone numbers for all Texas Tech coaches and student-athletes WILL NOT be given to the media.
All team practices are open to the media and the public. Practices will normally begin at 2:30 p.m. and end around 5-5:30 p.m. during the week. All media in attendance are required to view practice from the stands. No media will be allowed on the field at any time, unless arranged through Matt Dowdy of the Athletics Communications office.
Television stations are welcome to conduct live interviews from Dan Law Field at Rip Griffin Park and the stadium can easily accommodate network game coverage. Live interviews will be conducted outside the fence overlooking right field and television trucks can be parked in that area. Please notify Matt Dowdy at least 24 hours in advance at (806) 928-5190 for live television setup.
The Texas Tech clubhouse is closed to the media. Texas Tech players and coaches will be made available in the Baseball Stadium Club following a brief team meeting. Coach Tadlock and selected players will be made available to the media following the game. If you have questions on where post-game interviews are located, contact Matt Dowdy (806-928-5190).
All still photography requests of Texas Tech players and coaches must be emailed to Matt Dowdy.
DIRECTIONS TO DAN LAW FIELD AT RIP GRIFFIN PARK
Dan Law Field at Rip Griffin Park is located just west of Jones AT&T Stadium (football) on Drive of Champions. The stadium is accessible from the Marsha Sharp Freeway as well as University Ave.
2901 Drive of Champions
Lubbock, TX 79409
FROM THE AIRPORT
Take I-27 South from Regis street and exit west on the Marsha Sharp Freeway. Take the University Avenue exit and turn south (left) and follow University Ave for a quarter of a mile until you reach Glenna Goodacre Blvd. Turn right on Glenna Goodacre and then make another right onto Boston Avenue. Take a left onto Drive of Champions once you reach the football stadium. Dan Law Field at Rip Griffin Park will be on your left once you turn on to Drive of Champions.