Game-by-Game Stats - 2014 | Photo Gallery - 2014
- LAST 10 GAMES: batted .476 (10-for-21), 4 R, 2 RBI.
- Went 2-for-4 vs. Texas in Big 12 Championship (5/21).
- Season-high 5 hits (5-for-6) on the road at Dallas Baptist (5/6).
- Became 2nd Red Raider freshman (S. Smith) to have 5 hits in a game in 2014.
- Texas Tech is 14-5 during his 19 starts this season (9 - LF... 10 - DH).
- First career start (DH) went 3-for-4 with an RBI and walk vs. #3 Indiana (2/15 - Game 1).
- Became first Red Raider freshman with 3 hits in first career start since 2011 (David Paiz).
- Father played football at UT Arlington, uncle, Kenneth Lyons, played basketball at North Texas where he is arguably the greatest player in school history (all-time leading scorer, second all-time leading rebounder, two-time All-American, 2nd round draft pick by 76ers in 1983).
A two-year varsity letterwinner at Arlington Martin High School for head coach Curt Culbertson... as a senior batted .392 with 15 doubles, six triples, four home runs and 43 RBI... earned first team all-district... named to the Texas High School Baseball Coaches Association All-Star team... also selected to play in the North Texas All-Star Game... helped team to a 36-8-1 overall record in 2013 while winning a district championship and reaching the state semifinals... Perfect Game Honorable Mention Preseason High School Underclassmen All-America in 2012... First Team 4-5A All-District as a junior... helped team to a 36-6 overall record in 2012 while making a state semifinals appearance... perhaps top performance as a junior came against Fort Worth Paschal recording seven RBI with a grand slam... played summer baseball for the Arlington A's for coaches Dave Acton, Andy Adams and Mike Bacsik... CHOSE TEXAS TECH OVER: Baylor, Arkansas, LSU, Arizona State, Rice, TCU, Oklahoma State and Kansas State.
Anthony Dwain Lyons... born May 8, 1995, in Arlington, Texas... son of Anthony, Sr. and Kathleen Lyons... has a younger sister, Jasmine... father, Anthony, Jr., played football at UT Arlington... uncle, Kenneth Lyons, is arguably the greatest men's basketball player in North Texas history... holds career, season and game scoring records at UNT while averaging 21 points and nine rebounds per game and is the school's only two-time All-American during a standout career (1980-83)... was a second round NBA Draft selection by the Philadelphia 76ers in 1983 ... a biology major at Texas Tech.
Lyons had a pinch-hit single in the College World Series against TCU and the following game drove in a run with a sacrifice fly against Ole Miss.