|3 Jake Barrios
Game-by-Game Stats - 2013 | Photo Gallery - 2013
- All-Big 12 Second Team (INF)
- Led team in batting (.297), triples (4), RBI (48) and sacrifice flies (7).
- Tied for third in Big 12 with 4 triples.
- Tied school record with 4 3B in Big 12 play... Most by Tech player since 2004 (Haney - 4).
- Ranked seventh in the Big 12 during league play batting .337 (31-for-92).
- Tied for Big 12 lead during league play with 4 triples.
- Ranked second in the Big 12 during league play with 22 RBI.
- Did not commit an error in 27 home games played (29 putouts, 72 assists, 0 errors).
- Made just one error in 24 Big 12 games (24 putouts, 61 assists, 1 error).
- Committed just one error during the final 43 games of the season (March 6-May 25).
- Ended 2013 with 23 consecutive games played (Apr. 7-May 25) without making an error.
- Led team with 23 two-out RBI... Most by a Red Raider since 2010 (Scott LeJeune - 31).
- Led team with 13 multiple RBI games.
- Led team with 10 go-ahead RBI.
- Led team with 6 game-tying RBI.
- Reached base safely in 25 consecutive games (March 16-April 30).
- Named Big 12 Newcomer of the Week (4/1).
- Against K-State & OU - both NCAA Super Regional teams - batted .375 (12-for-32) in 8 games with 3 runs, 3 doubles, a triple and 4 RBI.
- Became the 11th player from Seward County to transfer to Texas Tech (since 1993)... list includes SS Kelby Tomlinson, RHP Bobby Doran, LHP Jesse Cornejo, RHP J.J. Newman, 1B Chaz Eiguren to name a few.
Baseball America: No. 8 Prospect from Jayhawk League... Perfect Game: No. 8 Prospect from Jayhawk League... played for the Liberal BeeJays of the Jayhawk League... helped lead team to a ninth-place finish at the National Baseball Congress World Series in Wichita, Kan., with a 3-2 tournament record... in NBC Tournament play, batted .313 (5-for-16) with a double, two triples and three RBI with five walks while leading the team with 22 assists defensively... batted .393 with two doubles, four triples and two home runs with 13 RBI while playing in the second half of the summer schedule.
Played for the Liberal BeeJays of the Jayhawk League... team finished in seventh-place at the National Baseball Congress World Series in Wichita, Kan., with a 3-2 tournament record... batted .337 (28-for-83) with 15 runs, seven doubles, one home run, 11 RBI and seven walks.
SEWARD COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Played at Seward County Community College for two seasons (2011-2012) for head coach Galen McSpadden... as a sophomore batted .354 (70-for-198) with 45 runs, 14 doubles, two triples and 49 RBI... was named the Kansas Jayhawk Community College Conference Player of the Week twice in 2012... tallied 21 multi-hit games... recorded 14 multiple RBI performances... hit safely in 43-of-53 games played... struck out only seven times in 222 plate appearances... began 2012 season with one strikeout during his first 91 plate appearances... had a season-high eight-game hitting streak (April 16-29) batting .448 (13-for-29) with eight runs, three doubles, one home run and eight RBI... had a streak of 11 consecutive games with an RBI (March 31-April 15)... went 5-for-6 with four runs, a double and two RBI in series finale against Butler (3/12)... as a freshman in 2011 named Jayhawk West Freshman of the Year, Jayhawk West All-Conference and NJCAA All-Region VI... helped lead Seward County to the program's second-ever appearance at the NJCAA JUCO World Series while winning two tournament games... named to the JUCO All-Tournament Team... also led team to an NJCAA Region VI Championship... batted .359 (79-for-220) with 13 doubles, four triples, eight home runs and 58 RBI... NJCAA RANKINGS: 12th in runs (67)... 12th in at-bats (220)... 25th in hits (79)... posted 22 multi-hit games... collected 16 multiple RBI games... batted .500 (10-for-20) in the Region VI Tournament with two doubles, one triple, two home runs and 11 RBI... batted .333 (5-for-15) with a home run and five RBI in the JUCO World Series... top performance came in the first game of the post-season (Region VI Tournament) going 2-for-4 with two home runs and six RBI against Labette (5/7)... is the 11th player from Seward County to transfer to Texas Tech since 1993.
A four-year varsity letterwinner at Weatherford High School for head coach Todd Gaunt... as a senior named all-state while batting .536 with 19 doubles, 18 home runs and 27 stolen bases... helped lead team to the 2010 4A Oklahoma Baseball State Championships title... also received all-state honors in football in 2009... lettered three years in football and also three years in basketball as a prep... named the 2009 Oklahoma 4A Player of the Year in football.
Jake Ryan Barrios... born December 9, 1991, in Weatherford, Okla.... son of John Barrios and Kathy Barrios... has a younger sister, Kori... a human science major at Texas Tech.