|2 Brett Bell
- Led Big 12 with 31 stolen bases... 6th Red Raider to lead Big 12 in stolen bases.
- Led Big 12 during league play with 13 stolen bases.
- Ranked 16th in the NCAA with 31 stolen bases.
- Became the 19th player in Big 12 history to steal at least 30 bases.
- Became the 10th Red Raider in school history to steal 30 or more bases in a season.
- Became the first Red Raider underclassman in school history with 30 SB in a season.
- Texas Tech has back-to-back seasons with a player stealing at least 30 bases for the first time since 1995-96 (Kastelic, Kastelic/Bryant)... Jamodrick McGruder had a Big 12-leading 39 SB this past season while ranking 4th in the nation.
- Hit safely in 12 of the final 15 games of the season, including 5 games with multiple hits.
- Reached base safely in 42-of-51 games played this season.
- Batted .571 (4-for-7) in three-game series against No. 19 Oklahoma State (May 3-5).
- Had 10 games this season with multiple stolen bases.
- Big 12 Commissioner's Academic Honor Roll (Spring 2013).
- Was teammates at Howard with Red Raiders Todd Ritchie, Elliot Richoux, Dominic Moreno and played under assistant coach/recruiting coordinator J-Bob Thomas who was the assistant coach for the Hawks.
Played at Howard College for one season (2012) for head coach Britt Smith... earned all-conference and all-region honors... as a freshman batted .415 (59-for-142) with 54 runs, nine doubles, three triples, 18 RBI, 38-of-44 stolen bases, .536 on-base percentage and made just one error with a .981 fielding percentage... WJCAC RANKINGS: fifth in stolen bases (38)... sixth in on-base percentage (.536)... 13th in runs scored (54)... 17th in batting (.415)... NJCAA RANKINGS: 10th in stolen bases (38)... 12th in on-base percentage (.536) and 49th in batting average (.415)... tallied 19 multi-hit games, including six with three or more... recorded a career-high 10-game hit streak (April 3-27) while batting .515 (17-for-33) with seven multi-hit games, including six in a row... top performance came at the Region V Tournament going 4-for-5 with four runs, a triple, walk and RBI against Cisco College (5/15)... had a career-high five stolen bases against McMurry (3/5)... tallied a career-high three RBI against Western Texas (4/6)... helped lead team to a 45-12 overall record and to a conference championship and NJCAA Region V runner-up finish.
A three-year varsity letterwinner at Corpus Christi Calallen High School for head coach Steve Chapman... batted over .400 during each of his final two seasons as a prep... hit .420 with 50 runs scored, four home runs, 40 RBI, 35 stolen bases, .530 on-base percentage and .700 slugging percentage as a senior in 2011... batted .410 with 72 runs scored, four home runs, 25 walks, 49 stolen bases and 45 RBI as a junior... helped lead team to a state championship with a 43-1 overall record in 2008... program went a combined 148-11 overall during his high school career... earned all-state, Class 4A All-State Tournament team, all-district and all-region in 2010 while his team finished runner-up in the state tournament... also participated in track (hurdles, pole vault) and football... graduated with honors in 2011.
Brett Ryan Bell... born July 22, 1992, in Houston, Texas... son of Bobby and Michelle Bell... has two younger brothers, Brooks and Bryce... father, Bobby, played football (quarterback) at Tarleton State... an exercise and sport science/business management major at Texas Tech.