|34 Corey Taylor
- Made 18 appearances - 7 starts.
- Led the team with 5 pickoffs.
- Tossed 36.0 innings during last 10 outings of the season (4 starts - 6 relief outings).
- Had 4 scoreless outings this season (3 in relief).
- Allowed 1 or fewer earned runs in 9-of-18 outings this season.
- Struck out multiple batters on 6 occasions.
- Made 10 multiple-inning appearances during the season.
- Tied for the team lead with 6 APP (Wheeler) against nationally-ranked opponents.
- HOME GAMES: Led the team making 12 appearances (5 starts).
- 1-of-5 Tech pitchers to throw at least 50 IP... 1-of-3 underclassmen (Moreno, Withrow).
- Career-high 7.1 innings pitched during a 4-1 loss vs. TCU (3/29).
- Career-high 106 pitches thrown during 7.1 inning start vs. TCU (3/29).
- Career-high 12 strikeouts in 7 IP start during 6-0 win vs. Utah Valley (3/13).
- Pitched on back-to-back days for the first time vs. UT Arlington (March 9-10).
- Became 4th Red Raider in 2013 with at least 10 SO in a game (Masek, Drozd, Moreno).
- Allowed just 1 hit in 7 shutout innings with 12 SO, 1 BB vs. Utah Valley.
- Became first Red Raider to allow 1 hit (min. 7 IP) in a start since Duke von Schamann (1 hit) vs. Missouri State (2/17/12) on Opening Day.
- 7.1 IP vs. TCU (3/29) marked the longest by a Red Raider in a Big 12 career starting debut since 2011 (Brennan Stewart - 7.1 IP at No. 4 Texas).
- 4.1 IP vs. No. 19 Oklahoma State (5/4) marked his longest relief outings of the season.
- Earned win in career debut in 6 IP start (5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 4 SO) vs. N. Colorado (2/16).
Played at Cisco College for one season (2012) for head coach David White... helped lead team to its first-ever NJCAA Region V championship and to Cisco's first appearance at the JUCO World Series in Grand Junction, Colo. with an overall record of 45-14... named an honorable mention All-American, NJCAA All-Region V and North Texas Junior College Athletic Conference All-Conference... named NTJCAC Pitcher of the Year... went 11-1 with a 1.39 ERA in 14 appearances (12 starts) with 78 innings, 70 hits allowed, 12 earned runs allowed and struck out 48 batters with 17 walks allowed... also batted .385 (10-for-26) with three doubles, one triple and three RBI... NTJCAC RANKINGS: led the league in ERA (1.39) and wins (11)... 10th in innings pitched (78)... 14th in opponent batting average (.240)... 18th in strikeouts (48)... NJCAA RANKINGS: eighth in ERA (1.39)... eighth in wins (11)... pitched at least six innings during nine starts - including his last eight of the season... struck out at least three batters six times... recorded a season-high eight strikeouts against Grayson (3/17).
A three-year varsity letterwinner at Kennedale High School for head coach Jet Teague... as a senior posted a 1.32 ERA in 60 innings and tallied a .405 batting average... earned first team all-state, 3A Player of the Year and was named the district most valuable player... also earned first team all-district as a junior in 2010... also lettered three years in basketball and two years in football... received second team all-district in basketball as a senior and named honorable mention all-district as a sophomore in 2009... collected all-district honors in back-to-back football seasons earning first team as a senior (2010) and second team as a junior (2009)... also received first team all-area in football in 2010.
Corey David Taylor... born January 8, 1993, in San Antonio, Texas... son of Jake and Molly Taylor... has two brothers, Josh and Jared... father, Jake, played football at Texas Southern... an education major at Texas Tech.