|37 Matt Custred
- Academic All-Big 12 Rookie Team (completed 24 credit hours with a 3.0 GPA).
- Made 8 appearances - 7 relief appearances.
- First career start at New Mexico (4/2): 3.1 IP, 6 H, 7 R, 6 ER, 4 BB, 4 SO - 89 pitches.
- Was 1-of-7 Red Raiders with a save on the season.
- Was 1-of-5 Red Raiders with a win and a save on the season.
- Had 5 scoreless outings this season.
- Began career with 4 consecutive scoreless appearances (Feb. 16-Mar. 13).
- Struck out at least one batter in 5-of-8 appearances.
- Struck out multiple batters in 4 outings.
- Had season-highs in IP (3.1), pitches thrown (89) at New Mexico (4/2).
- Struck out a career-high 5 batters at No. 13 Arizona State (5/15).
- Made first career start with a no decision at New Mexico (4/2) going 3.1 IP.
- Made career debut with a three-inning save vs. Northern Colorado (2/16).
- Struck out four batters in career debut vs. Northern Colorado (2/16).
- Big 12 Commissioner's Academic Honor Roll (Fall 2012, Spring 2013).
A two-year varsity letterwinner at Keller High School for head coach Rob Stramp... as a senior earned first team all-district while helping his team to a third-place district finish... tallied six wins with a 1.25 ERA with 85 strikeouts and two complete games... as a junior helped team to a bi-district championship... invited to 2011 Area Code tryouts... played two years of high school football (quarterback) and also competed in indoor soccer... a 2012 distinguished scholar graduate... received Green Cord recognition while performing over 100 hours of community service... during sophomore year joined four other teammates while starting a non-profit organization "Play it Forward USA" where they would collect used sporting equipment of all sports, refurbish the equipment and then store the items before giving them to youth organizations such as the Boys and Girls Club... the group's website is www.PlayitForwardUSA.org... CHOSE TEXAS TECH OVER: Arkansas, TCU, Kansas State and Dallas Baptist.
Matthew James Custred... born September 8, 1993, in Houston, Texas... son of Dan and Jayne Custred... has an older brother, Nick... a business major at Texas Tech.