|12 Eric Gutierrez
- Louisville Slugger Freshmen All-American by Collegiate Baseball Newspaper.
- Only player on the team to start in every game this season (56).
- Led the team in HR (7), TB (83), SLG% (.435), HBP (20), putouts (500) and FLD% (.991).
- Homered in 4 consecutive games vs. Baylor (May 16-18) vs. K-State (5/23).
- Became first Red Raider to homer in 4 consecutive games in over 12 years.
- Hit his 7th home run of the season of the LF foul pole against #15 K-State.
- Became the 3rd freshman in school history to lead the team in home runs (1974 - Mike Bewley, 3 ... 2010 - Barrett Barnes, 14).
- Led team with 9 runs and 2 home runs in games against nationally-ranked teams.
- HOME GAMES: Led team with 2 triples, 4 home runs and 11 HBP.
- ROAD/NEUTRAL SITE: Led team with 2 home runs, 9 HBP and .360 OB%.
- BAYLOR SERIES: Batted .400 (4-for-10) with 6 R, 2B, 3 HR, 6 RBI, 14 TB, 1.400 SLG%.
- KANSAS SERIES: Batted .400 (4-for-10) with 3 R, RBI, .700 SLG%, .538 OB%.
- TCU SERIES: Batted .400 (4-for-10) with 2 R, 2B, 2 RBI, .538 OB%, .500 SLG%.
- Led the Big 12 and ranked 20th in the nation with 20 hit-by-pitch.
- 2nd most HBP by any freshman in the nation (Charles Galiano, Fordham - 21).
- Set a Texas Tech freshman record 20 hit-by-pitch in a single-season.
- Ranks 3rd in school history with 20 HBP in a single-season.
- 2nd on the team with 15 two-out RBI.
- Big 12 Commissioner's Academic Honor Roll (Spring 2013).
A four-year varsity letterwinner at Sharyland High School for head coach Barton Bickerton... as a senior earned first team all-state, first team all-district and Valley Most Valuable Player... batted .591 with 13 doubles, six triples, eight home runs, 50 RBI and 10 stolen bases... on the mound tallied a 1.07 ERA in 59 innings pitched... was also named 30-5A District MVP, team MVP and ESPNU National Player of the Week... helped lead team to a district championship, bi-district title, area championship and to the region quarterfinals championship... as a junior batted .566 with eight home runs and 58 RBI... named a Louisville Slugger All-American in 2011... helped lead high school to a No. 1 national ranking during his junior season... as a sophomore batted .470 with two home runs and 31 RBI... as a freshman batted .347 with four home runs and 20 RBI.
Eric Rigoberto Gutierrez... born December 28, 1993, in McAllen, Texas... son of Rigo and Olga Gutierrez... has two younger brothers, Alexis and Jonathan... an undeclared major at Texas Tech.