|8 Alec Humphreys
- Academic All-Big 12 Rookie Team (completed 24 credit hours with a 3.0 GPA).
- Played in 23 games this season with 11 starts.
- Made only 1 error during the season with a .960 fielding % (7 putouts, 17 assists, 1 error).
- ROAD/NEUTRAL SITE: Batted .308 (8-for-26) with 3 RBI in 11 games (6 starts).
- One of three Red Raiders with a pair of pinch-hit singles.
- First career pinch-hit single at UCF (2/23).
- Singled up the middle in a pinch-hit at-bat against No. 19 Oklahoma State (5/4).
- Played in six Big 12 games, all coming as a reserve.
- Back-to-back multi-hit games vs. UConn (2-for-5) and at FIU (3-for-5).
- Big 12 Commissioner's Academic Honor Roll (Fall 2012, Spring 2013 - Dean's List).
- Father, Mike, was a Freshman All-American at Texas Tech in 1986, two-time All-Region selection, Southwest Conference Freshman of the Year, 1988 MLB Draft Pick (15th Round - Padres) and played three seasons in the big leagues with the New York Yankees (1991-93).
A three-year varsity letterwinner at Midlothian High School for head coach Ray Hydes... as a senior earned all-district and was named to the Region All-Star Game and to the State All-Star Game... batted .450 with 18 doubles, four triples, four home runs and tallied a .980 fielding percentage... earned academic all-district in 2012... a three-time all-district selection... also lettered one year in football as a prep while being selected all-district (utility) in 2010.
Charles Alec Humphreys... born March 22, 1994, in DeSoto, Texas... son of Mike and Dawn Humphreys... has two younger brothers, Zach and Nathan... father, Mike, was a four-year letterwinner at Texas Tech (1985-88) and is one of the greatest hitters in school history... earned Freshman All-American in 1985, a three-time All-Southwest Conference selection before being selected in the 15th round of the 1988 MLB Draft by the San Diego Padres... played three seasons in the big leagues with the New York Yankees (1991-93)... remains in 12 all-time record book categories (single-season, career) in school history... an undeclared major at Texas Tech.