|35 Matt Withrow
- Academic All-Big 12 Rookie Team (completed 24 credit hours with a 3.0 GPA).
- Made 16 appearances - 12 starts.
- 12 starts led the team... last time a freshman led Tech in starts was 2008 (Bettis - 12).
- Made 3 non-conference weekend starts... Started 5 midweek games, including 4 consecutive from April 23-May 15... Made 3 Big 12 starts - all on Sundays - and started final game of the season in the Big 12 Championship.
- Tied for the team lead with 5 wins (Masek).
- Last time a Tech freshman led the team in wins was in 2008 (Bettis - 4).
- Ranked 3rd on the team in strikeouts (52) and 4th on the team in innings pitched (58.0).
- HOME GAMES: Went 4-0 and tied for team lead with 7 starts (Masek).
- ROAD/NEUTRAL GAMES: Led team with 24 strikeouts.
- Was 1-of-5 Red Raider pitchers to earn a win against a nationally-ranked opponent.
- Posted 17 hit-by-pitch - most by a Red Raider since 2001 (Chris Phillips - 21 in 137.1 IP).
- Made 3 scoreless starts... Allowed 2 or fewer runs in 10-of-16 outings.
- Pitched at least 5.0 innings in 5 starts this season (NIU, La Salle, No. 17 UNM, DBU, BU).
- Made 4 relief outings, 3 were on the road (K-State, Dallas Baptist, Rice).
- Struck out multiple batters in 13-of-16 outings this season.
- Season-high 7.0 innings in start vs. La Salle (3/3) with a season-high 8 SO in 7-0 shutout.
- Season-high 99 pitches in 5.0 inning start vs. Dallas Baptist (5/7) during 7-2 win.
- First career relief appearance at K-State (4/7): 2.2 IP, 5 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 1 BB, 3 SO in 12-2 loss.
- Team went 5-1 during his last 6 starts of the season (Mar. 31-May 25).
- First Tech pitcher with scoreless start in 2 of first 3 career starts since 2005 (Lawford).
- LA SALLE: Struck out at least one batter in each of the first 6 innings of the game (3/3).
- Career debut pitched 6 IP in start vs. Northern Illinois (2/17) in 13-0 shutout.
- Became first Tech newcomer allowing just 1 hit during career debut start since Feb. 18, 2011 when LHP Daniel Coulombe allowed 1 H in 4 IP vs. Western Michigan.
- 37th round (1,146 overall) selection by the Texas Rangers in the 2012 MLB Draft.
- Big 12 Commissioner's Academic Honor Roll (Fall 2012).
me vs. UT Arlington (March 9-10).
- Became 4th Red Raider in 2013 with at least 10 SO in a game (Masek, Drozd, Moreno).
- Allowed just 1 hit in 7 shutout innings with 12 SO, 1 BB vs. Utah Valley.
- Became first Red Raider to allow 1 hit (min. 7 IP) in a start since Duke von Schamann (1 hit) vs. Missouri State (2/17/12) on Opening Day.
- 7.1 IP vs. TCU (3/29) marked the longest by a Red Raider in a Big 12 career starting debut since 2011 (Brennan Stewart - 7.1 IP at No. 4 Texas).
- 4.1 IP vs. No. 19 Oklahoma State (5/4) marked his longest relief outings of the season.
- Earned win in career debut in 6 IP start (5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 4 SO) vs. N. Colorado (2/16).
A two-year varsity letterwinner at Midland Christian High School for head coach Mike Munguia... drafted in the 37th round (1,146th overall) by the Texas Rangers in the 2012 Major League Baseball First-Year Players Draft... fourth high school right-handed pitcher selected by the Rangers in the draft... helped lead team to a state championship... won seven games while earning second team all-state and all-district... as a junior went 3-1 with 25 innings pitched and 31 strikeouts... also batted .333 as a junior with 24 runs, eight doubles, six home runs and 28 RBI... team went 27-6 with a 10-1 record in district play as a junior... was a member of the National Honor Society for two years.
Matthew Glenn Withrow... born September 23, 1993, in Odessa, Texas... son of Mike and Judy Withrow... has two older brothers, Christopher and Stephen... father, Mike, played baseball at Texas (1980-81) and was drafted in the seventh round of the 1981 MLB Draft by the Chicago White Sox... played parts of three seasons in the White Sox organization while advancing to Double-A (1981-84)... brother, Chris, was drafted No. 20 overall in the first round of the 2007 MLB Draft by the Los Angeles Dodgers and finished the 2012 season in Double-A Chattanooga... an undeclared major at Texas Tech.