|14 Dominic Moreno
- Made 12 appearances this season - 10 starts.
- Made 4 starts in non-conf., 5 Big 12 play (3 Fri., 1 Sat., 1 Sun.) & 1 Big 12 Championship.
- Made 4 Big 12 starts on the road (at Texas, at West Virginia, at K-State, at OU).
- 2nd on the team with 54 strikeouts (Masek - 69).
- 3rd on the team in ERA (3.86), starts (10) and innings pitched (60.2).
- BIG 12 PLAY: 2-2, 3.72 ERA, 6 APP, 5 GS, 1 save, 29.0 IP, 19 SO, 12 BB, .342 OPP AVG.
- BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP: Took loss vs. No. 24 Oklahoma (5/24): 7 IP, 7 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 5 SO.
- OKLAHOMA (2 APP): 1-1, 0.75 ERA, 2 GS, 12.0 IP, 12 H, 3 R, 1 ER, 6 BB, 6 SO, .261 OPP AVG.
- Made first career relief outing against Lubbock Christian (4/14).
- Became the 2nd Red Raider this season to strikeout 6 in relief (Bauder) while facing LCU.
- Season-high 7.0 IP twice - most recent vs. No. 24 OU (L, 0-8) Big 12 Championship (5/24).
- Season-high 105 pitches in 5.1 inning start at K-State (4/5) while taking a no decision.
- Season-high 11 strikeouts on Opening Day in 6.0 IP start vs. Northern Illinois (2/15).
- Earned first career save in 3.0 IP vs. Baylor (5/17).
- Struck out the side in the 9th inning during 2nd relief APP vs. Baylor (5/17).
- Won 3rd game of the season in 5 IP performance at No. 11 Oklahoma (4/28).
- Earned the win (2nd of the year) during first career Big 12 start (1-0, at Texas - 3/15).
- Career debut had 11 SO in the win vs. Northern Illinois (2/15) on Opening Day.
- 11 SO marked the most by a Red Raider on Opening Day in over 17 years.
- 11 SO are most by a Red Raider in career starting debut in over 12 years.
- 6 IP in career debut is most by a Red Raider on Opening Day since 2006 (Tomlin - 6 IP).
- First Tech newcomer underclassmen to start on Opening Day since 2004 (Randy Gattis).
- Was teammates at Howard with current Red Raiders Todd Ritchie, Brett Bell, Elliot Richoux and played under current assistant coach/recruiting coordinator J-Bob Thomas who was the assistant coach for the Hawks.
Played at Howard College for one season (2012) for head coach Britt Smith... earned honorable mention all-conference... as a freshman went 5-1 with a 2.70 ERA in 13 appearances (5 starts) with two saves, 40 innings, 29 hits allowed, 12 earned runs allowed with 47 strikeouts and 12 walks allowed... pitched at least five innings on four occasions and tallied four or more strikeouts six times... struck out a season-high nine batters against Western Texas (4/7) in six innings of work... struck out six batters in collegiate debut pitching three innings against Lubbock Christian (2/25)... helped lead team to a 45-12 overall record and to a conference championship and NJCAA Region V runner-up finish.
A three-year varsity letterwinner at Piedra Vista High School for head coach Mike Mcgaha... as a senior pitched 70 innings with a 2.30 ERA while batting .420 with three home runs, seven triples and 41 RBI... earned all-state and all-district honors... helped guide team to 2011 state championship... earned all-district as a junior in 2010... participated with the Strikezone Cardinals at the Connie Mack World Series.
Dominic Edward Moreno... born March 12, 1993, in Tucson, Ariz.... son of Daniel and Regina Moreno... has a sister, Alexandria... an exercise and sport science major at Texas Tech.