Game-by-Game Stats - 2014 | Photo Gallery - 2014
- Louisville Slugger Freshman All-America (Collegiate Baseball Newspaper).
- Big 12 All-Freshman Team.
- Reached base safely in 46-of-53 starts.
- Hit 1st career home run (2-run HR) over LF wall in 6th inning at Dallas Baptist (5/6).
- Scored season-high 4 runs at Dallas Baptist (5/6).
- Walk-off 2-run single vs. Dallas Baptist (4/15) giving Tech 5-4 win at home.
- Season-high 13-game hit streak (Apr. 4-27): .409 (18-for-44), 15 R, 7 2B, 3B, 8 RBI, 12 BB.
- Had streak of 8 consecutive home games leading off Tech 1st with a hit or BB (Mar. 4-19).
- SFA MIDWEEK SERIES: .727 (8-for-11), 3 R, 3 RBI, .727 OB%, 1-1 SB.
- Went 5-for-6 vs. SFA (3/18)... 1st Red Raider with 5 hits since 2011 (S. Hagen - at Baylor).
- Had 2 base hits in both the 1st inning and 6th inning vs. SFA (3/18).
- Became 1st Red Raider with a pair of hits in 2 different innings in a game in over 11 years.
- Went 4-for-5, 2 R, 2B, 3B, RBI - was HR shy of hitting for the cycle vs. UNM (3/4).
- Also shined on the gridiron while leading the state of Texas (4A) in tackles as a senior.
A four-year varsity letterwinner at Frenship High School for head coach Chad Reynolds... finished prep career with a .429 (193-for-450) career batting average with 40 doubles, 27 triples, 15 home runs and 154 RBI... on the mound went 8-3 with a 3.67 ERA with five saves in 124 career innings with 170 strikeouts and just 68 walks allowed during prep career... as a senior, batted .480 with 14 doubles, nine triples, three home runs and 45 RBI... Texas High School Baseball Coaches Association 4A First Team All-State... Texas Sports Writers' Association 4A First Team All-State... first team all-district... named Most Valuable Player at the 4A/5A All-Star Game (went 2-for-3, triple, two RBI) during the summer of 2013... Perfect Game: No. 96 National High School Prospect (Outfielders)... Perfect Game: No. 57 Texas High School Prospect... Perfect Game: No. 24 Texas High School Prospect (Outfielders)... Perfect Game High Honorable Mention Preseason High School Underclassmen All-America in 2012... ESPN High School Baseball - Top Outfielders (Class of 2013)... as a junior batted .442 with 28 runs, seven doubles, five triples, five home runs, 26 RBI and 30 walks with only six strikeouts with a .611 on-base percentage and .857 slugging percentage... on the mound in 2012 went 2-2 with a 2.27 ERA in 37 innings with 54 strikeouts and 18 walks allowed... THSBCA 4A Second Team All-State... District 3-4A Most Valuable Player... Lubbock Avalanche Journal First Team All-City... First Team All-South Plains... as a sophomore in 2011, named THSCA Second Team All-State... TSWA Third Team All-State... District 3-5A Most Valuable Player... Lubbock Avalanche Journal First Team All-City... First Team All-South Plains... as a freshman in 2010, named the District 4-4A Newcomer of the Year... Lubbock Avalanche Journal First Team All-City... First Team All-South Plains... helped team to several championships, including winning district, bi-district and area titles in back-to-back seasons (2010-11)... also starred on the gridiron earning numerous awards, including all-city, all-south plains, district defensive MVP, TSWA and THSCA All-State... led the state in tackles as a senior.
Stephen James Smith... born November 3, 1994, in Lubbock, Texas... son of Dan and Rose Smith... has a younger sister, Stephanie... a criminal justice major at Texas Tech.
Smith batted .287 (56-for-195) and led the Red Raiders with 37 walks in 2014 while being named a Louisville Slugger Freshman All-American by Collegiate Baseball.