Feb. 16, 2014
Box Score |
Post-Game Notes (GAME 2)
- Improved to 2-1 this season.
- Improves all-time record to 1,503-1,198-8 (65th season).
- Improves all-time home record to 977-466-5.
- Won back-to-back games against a ranked opponent for the first time since 2011 (vs. No. 22 Oklahoma State, May 21-22).
- Won back-to-back games against a top-10 ranked opponent for the first time since 2009 (vs. No. 10 Kansas State, April 17-18).
- Won back-to-back games against a top-five ranked opponent for the first time since 2008 (vs. No. 2 Missouri, March 29-30).
- Swept a doubleheader from a nationally-ranked opponent for the first time in over 13 years.
- Won its 47th game (47-46) against a nationally-ranked opponent at home since 2001.
- Improved to 10-12 against top-10 ranked teams at home since 2005.
- Improved to 6-8 against top-five ranked opponents at home since 2004.
- Had six players record a base hit and five players score at least one run.
- Three players - including starting pitcher - made their first career starts, including freshman Ryan Long (DH), sophomore Tyler Floyd (C) and junior Chris Sadberry (P)
TEXAS TECH - UNDER HEAD COACH Tim Tadlock (2nd Season)
- 28-31 overall
- 21-11 at home
- 19-16 vs. non-conference opponents
- 16-4 at home (vs. non-conference)
- 7-10 against ranked opponents
- 2-1 against teams ranked 2-10 nationally
- 14-14 in day games
- 22-15 vs. right-handed starting pitchers
- 20-8 when scoring first
- 25-5 when leading after six innings
- 26-3 when leading after seven innings
- 25-1 when leading after eight innings
- 7-5 in February
- 10 come-from-behind victories
- 2-1 against Indiana
INDIANA ALL-TIME SERIES
- Texas Tech is now 2-1 all-time against Indiana... this weekend marked the first-ever meetings between Tech and Indiana... the Hoosiers mark the seventh opponent from the Big Ten Conference to play the Red Raiders... Tech is now 34-34 all-time against Big Ten opponents... 52 of those meetings have come against Nebraska - who was an original member of the Big 12 Conference (1997-2011).
LHP Chris Sadberry (W, 5.0 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 4 SO - 76 PITCHES)
- Made career debut.
- Became the second Red Raider pitcher to make career debut this season (Ryan Moseley).
- Retired eight consecutive batters from the first inning to the third inning.
- Left the game following the fifth inning with a 4-2 lead.
- Struck out at least one batter in 4-of-5 innings pitched.
RHP Corey Taylor (3.1 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 SO)
- Made 19th career appearance (12 outing in relief).
- Recorded fifth career scoreless outing.
- Notched fourth career multiple-inning relief appearance.
- First career outing throwing at least three relief innings without giving up a run.
LHP Cameron Smith (0.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 SO)
- Made career debut.
- Became the third Red Raider pitcher to make a career debut this season (Ryan Moseley, Chris Sadberry).
2B Bryant Burleson (0-FOR-4)
- Had 16-game hit streak come to an end... grounded to third, struck out, flew out to center and struck out in four plate appearances.
SS Tim Proudfoot (3-FOR-4, R, 2 RBI)
- Made 109th career start - most career starts among active players.
- Notched 93rd, 94th and 95th career base hits during 110th career game played... tied with Burleson for the most career hits by an active Red Raider.
- Recorded 17th career multi-hit game.
- Marked just the third time in his career with back-to-back games with multi-hit performances... first back-to-back multi-hit games since March 17-18, 2012 (at Baylor).
CF Tyler Neslony (2-FOR-3, R, 3B, 2 RBI, BB)
- Has hit safely in all three games this season.
- Hit first career triple - right-center field.
- Tallied fourth career multi-hit game.
- Has six RBI during his last two games.
- Received first career intentional walk (7th inning.).
1B Eric Gutierrez (1-FOR-1, 2 R, 3 BB)
- Made 59th consecutive start... longest streak among active players.
- Has reached base safely in seven consecutive plate appearances dating back to fifth-inning plate appearance in game one of doubleheader Saturday.
- Matched a career-high three walks (4th time during career).
DH Ryan Long (1-FOR-5)
- Made first career start.
- Singled to right field during first at-bat of the game.
C Tyler Floyd (1-FOR-3, 3B, RBI)
- Hit a triple to left-center field off the glove of a diving outfielder to drive in a run.
- Became the first Red Raider in over 13 years to triple during first career at-bat.