Feb. 17, 2014
Box Score |
- Improved to 3-1 this season.
- Posted its first shutout over a top-10 ranked opponent since 2009 (at No. 10 Kansas State, 6-0).
- Earned its first series win over a top-five opponent since 2008 (vs. No. 2 Missouri).
- Won its 48th game (48-46) against a nationally-ranked opponent at home since 2001.
- Improved to 11-12 against top-10 ranked teams at home since 2005.
- Improved to 7-8 against top-five ranked opponents at home since 2004.
- Won three consecutive games against a ranked opponent for the second year in a row.
- Won three consecutive games against a top-five opponent for the first time in over 13 years.
- Improves all-time record to 1,504-1,198-8 (65th season).
- Improves all-time home record to 978-466-5.
- Pitching staff tallied a 1.25 ERA (36.0 IP/5 ER) during the opening weekend through four games.
- Had eight hitters register at least a .300 batting average during the first weekend of the season.
- Had 13 players with at least one base hit on the weekend while nine Red Raiders threw at least one inning on the mound.
- Had 12 newcomers, including six freshmen, make their collegiate debuts during opening weekend.
- Finished with four doubles in the series finale... Red Raiders had four doubles in just two games in all of last season.
- Had only two strikeouts, marking its fewest strikeouts in a game since posting one against UT Arlington (3/9/13) last season.
- Shutout its opponent during a series finale for the first time since blanking La Salle (7-0) on March 3 last season.
- Held Indiana to just one extra-base hit (2B) during the final two games of the series... Held Hoosiers to just two XBH (2B, HR) during final three games of series.
TEXAS TECH - UNDER HEAD COACH Tim Tadlock (2nd Season)
- 29-31 overall
- 22-11 at home
- 20-16 vs. non-conference opponents
- 17-4 at home (vs. non-conference)
- 8-10 against ranked opponents
- 3-1 against teams ranked 2-10 nationally
- 15-14 in day games
- 7-16 vs. left-handed starting pitchers
- 21-8 when scoring first
- 26-5 when leading after six innings
- 27-3 when leading after seven innings
- 26-1 when leading after eight innings
- 8-5 in February
- 3-1 against Indiana
INDIANA ALL-TIME SERIES
- Texas Tech is now 3-1 all-time against Indiana... this weekend marked the first-ever meetings between Tech and Indiana... the Hoosiers mark the seventh opponent from the Big Ten Conference to play the Red Raiders... Tech is now 36-34 all-time against Big Ten opponents... 52 of those meetings have come against Nebraska - who was an original member of the Big 12 Conference (1997-2011).
LHP Ty Damron (ND, 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 0 SO - 16 PITCHES)
- Made career debut.
- Marked the second straight season that a Red Raider freshman made his career debut as a starting pitcher on opening weekend (2013 - RHP Matt Withrow, vs. Northern Illinois - 2/17/13).
LHP Cameron Smith (6.0 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 SO)
- Earned first career win.
- Became the first Red Raider to earn a win pitching in relief throwing at least six innings since Brennan Stewart (6.1 IP - vs. UTSA) in 2011.
- Retired nine consecutive batters from the third-to-sixth inning.
LHP Jonny Drozd (2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 SO)
- Owns a 22.2 consecutive scoreless innings pitched streak that dates back to last season.
- In seven career relief outings and 20 innings pitched in relief, owns a perfect 0.00 ERA.
- Marked 10th career scoreless appearance.
3B Jake Barrios (1-FOR-4, R, 2B, 2 RBI)
- Finished with a multiple-RBI performance for the first time this season (14th time during career).
- Drove in the game-winning run with a ground out in the first inning... third game-winning RBI during career.
2B Bryant Burleson (2-FOR-4, R, 2 2B)
- Recorded 96th and 97th career base hits during 105th career game played.
- Marked second time this season (4th career) with a pair of doubles in a game.
- Tallied second multi-hit game of the season (26th career).
- Batted .400 (6-for-15) with four doubles and an RBI during the four-game opening weekend.
1B Eric Gutierrez (1-FOR-3, R, RBI)
- Made 60th consecutive start on Sunday... longest streak among active players.
- Reached base safely in seven consecutive plate appearances - entering Sunday - streak snapped after first at-bat on Sunday (lined out to 2B).
- Posted second infield hit of the season (7th career).
CF Alec Humphreys (2-FOR-3, 2 R)
- Made first career start in center field.
- Collected first multi-hit game of the season (3rd career).
- Matched a career-high two runs (Northern Colorado - 2/16/13).
RF Adam Kirsch (2-FOR-4, 2B, 3 RBI)
- Led all players in the game with three RBI.
- Hit safely in three of four games this season.
- Leads the team with seven RBI through four games into the season.
- Second game this season with three RBI.
SS Tim Proudfoot (2-FOR-3, BB)
- Made 111th career start - most career starts among active players.
- Notched 96th and 97th career base hits during 111th career game played... tied with Burleson for the most career hits by an active Red Raider.
- Recorded 18th career multi-hit game.
- Marked first time during career with three consecutive multi-hit games.
- Has reached base safely in eight of his last 11 plate appearances.
- Batted .467 (7-for-15) with three RBI during four-game opening weekend.