Feb. 24, 2014
Box Score |
- Improved to 6-1 this season and to 6-1 at home this season.
- Has a six-game winning streak for the first time since 2007.
- Earned its first three-game series sweep since taking three at home against Houston (Apr. 13-15) in 2012.
- Has allowed two or fewer runs in 6-of-7 games to open the season for the first time in school history.
- Has given up just 13 runs through seven games this season - marks fewest in school history through seven games.
- Improved to 20-4 at home in non-conference games under second-year head coach Tim Tadlock.
- Improves all-time record to 1,507-1,198-8 (65th season).
- Improves all-time home record to 981-466-5.
- Pitching staff has a 1.14 ERA (63.0 IP/8 ER) during seven games this season.
- Has not allowed more than two earned runs in a game this season.
- Did not allow an extra-base hit for the second time this season.
- Hitters batted .326 (30-for-92) during the Oral Roberts series.
- Pitching staff tallied a 1.00 ERA (27.0 IP/3 ER) during the Oral Roberts series.
- Team's 1.00 ERA vs. Oral Roberts marks its lowest during a three-game series during the Big 12 era (since 1997).
- Has at least one double in seven consecutive games for the first time since the final seven games of the 2012 season (8 straight).
TEXAS TECH - UNDER HEAD COACH Tim Tadlock (2nd Season)
- 32-31 overall
- 25-11 at home
- 23-16 vs. non-conference opponents
- 20-4 at home (vs. non-conference)
- 24-21 unranked opponents
- 18-14 in day games
- 25-15 vs. right-handed starting pitchers
- 24-8 when scoring first
- 29-5 when leading after six innings
- 30-3 when leading after seven innings
- 29-1 when leading after eight innings
- 11-5 in February
- 3-0 against Oral Roberts
- Tied a school record turning five double plays - a record that has occurred three times at ORU, the most recent in 2007 against Centenary... the five double plays marked the most for the Red Raiders in over 13 seasons.
ORAL ROBERTS ALL-TIME SERIES
- In the first-ever three-game series, Texas Tech sweeps the series from Oral Roberts... Tech leads the all-time series 10-8 and holds a 6-1 advantage in games played in Lubbock... Tech has won six consecutive games over ORU in Lubbock... the Red Raiders have won nine of the last 10 overall in the all-time series.
LHP Chris Sadberry (ND, 3.1 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 SO - 46 Pitches)
- Made second start of the season.
- Left the game in the fourth inning with the Red Raiders leading 1-0... suffered an injury after line drive up the middle hit off throwing hand.
- Retired nine consecutive batters from the 1st-to-4th inning.
- Hasn't allowed a walk in 8.1 innings pitched this season.
LHP Cameron Smith (W, 4.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 SO)
- Became the first Red Raider since 2011 (John Neely - at No. 14 Baylor) to earn a pair of wins in a three-game series.
- Pitched four scoreless innings in relief.
- Marked fourth consecutive appearance without allowing an earned run.
- Pitched twice during the ORU series with a perfect 0.00 ERA (5.1 IP/0 ER) with two relief outings, four hits allowed, three strikeouts and two walks allowed.
RHP Johnathon Tripp (S, 1.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 SO)
- Made season debut.
- Earned first save of the season (4th career).
- Marked sixth career scoreless appearance.
2B Bryant Burleson (1-FOR-3, R)
- Recorded 98th career base hits during 108th career game played.
- Has made 98 starts now in his third season with the Red Raiders.
1B Eric Gutierrez (1-FOR-3, R, RBI)
- Made 63rd consecutive start on Sunday... longest streak among active players.
- Has hit safely in 6-of-7 games this season.
- Drove in the game-winning run with a bases-loaded hit-by-pitch in the sixth inning.
- Marked second career game-winning RBI (vs. Baylor - May 17, 2013 - HR to LF).
RF Adam Kirsch (1-FOR-3)
- Extended hit streak to six games.
SS Ryan Long (2-FOR-3, 2 RBI, SAC FLY)
- Notched third multi-hit game of the season - tied for team lead.
- Recorded first career multiple RBI game.
- Tallied first career bunt base hit.
- Made first career start at shortstop for the Red Raiders.
PH Anthony Lyons (1-FOR-1)
- First career pinch hit base hit (1B to LF).
- First pinch hit base hit by a Red Raider this season.