Feb. 25, 2014
Box Score |
- Improved to 7-1 this season while completing season-opening eight-game homestand.
- Has a seven-game winning streak for the first time since 2007 (7 games).
- Has won seven consecutive home midweek games (dates back to last year) for the first time since 2005 (9-0).
- Has allowed two or fewer runs in seven of the first eight games for the first time in school history.
- Has given up just 15 runs through eight games this season - fewest in school history.
- Improved to 21-4 at home in non-conference games under second-year head coachTim Tadlock.
- Improves all-time record to 1,508-1,198-8 (65th season).
- Improves all-time home record to 982-466-5.
- Pitching staff has a 1.25 ERA (72.0 IP/10 ER) during eight games this season.
- Bullpen in 8 games: 4-0, 0.99 ERA, 3 saves, 36.1 IP, 29 H, 4 ER, 25 SO, 6 BB.
- Is the only Big 12 program this season that has three pitchers with at least one save.
- Has not allowed more than two earned runs in a game this season.
- Has scored first in seven consecutive games.
- Outscoring its opponent 12-1 during the opening two innings of the game this season... only run allowed was on Opening Day against No. 3 Indiana (L, 0-1).
- Has at least one double in eight consecutive games for the first time since the final eight games of the 2012 season.
- Non-starters are batting .313 (5-for-16) with a .969 fielding percentage (18 putouts, 13 assists, 1 error).
- Moved up to No. 26 in the NCBWA and Collegiate Baseball national polls earlier during the day.
TEXAS TECH - UNDER HEAD COACH Tim Tadlock (2nd Season)
- 33-31 overall
- 26-11 at home
- 24-16 vs. non-conference opponents
- 21-4 at home (vs. non-conference)
- 25-21 unranked opponents
- 19-14 in day games
- 26-15 vs. right-handed starting pitchers
- 4-3 in 2-run games
- 26-8 when scoring first
- 30-5 when leading after six innings
- 31-3 when leading after seven innings
- 30-1 when leading after eight innings
- 12-5 in February
- 2-0 against BYU
- 468-158 overall record in 11 years as a junior college and NCAA D-I head coach (Grayson County: 1997-2005; Texas Tech: 2013-Present)
BYU ALL-TIME SERIES
- Texas Tech leads BYU 6-2 in the all-time series that dates back to 1998... the Red Raiders lead the Cougars 6-1 in games played in Lubbock... only the first all-time meeting in this series was not played in Lubbock (Phoenix - L, 1-4).
LHP Dylan Dusek (W, 5.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 SO - 60 Pitches)
- Threw five shutout innings during career debut as a starter.
- Retired the first 11 batters he faced in order from the 1st-to-4th inning.
- Is the second Red Raider freshman to make career debut this season in a starting role (LHP Ty Damron).
- Marked the best start by a Red Raider freshman making career debut since 2013 (RHP Matt Withrow: W, 6.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 SO, 70 pitches).
- Allowed only one base runner to reach scoring position (2nd base - 4th inning).
LHP Jonny Drozd (ND, 2.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 SO)
- Threw two scoreless innings.
- Has thrown 25.2 consecutive scoreless innings dating back to 2013 season.
- Has made nine career relief outings with 23.0 innings pitched with a perfect 0.00 ERA.
- Owns 12 career scoreless appearances.
RHP Ryan Moseley (S, 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 SO)
- Recorded first career save.
- Is the third Red Raider with a save this season (Drozd, Tripp) giving the Red Raiders three pitchers with at least one save - only program in the Big 12.
- Has made back-to-back scoreless appearances.
2B Bryant Burleson (0-FOR-3, BB)
- Has made 99 career starts in three seasons with the Red Raiders.
1B Eric Gutierrez (1-FOR-3, R, RBI)
- Made 64th consecutive start on Monday... longest streak among active players.
- Has hit safely in 7-of-8 games this season... had an RBI single to left field in the third inning.
- Posted the game-winning RBI for the second straight game... RBI single to left field in the third inning.
- Marked third career game-winning RBI.
RF Adam Kirsch (1-FOR-4, R)
- Extended hit streak to seven games with a double down the left-field line in the first inning.
- Seven-game hit streak matches the longest by a Red Raider newcomer since 2011 (Kelby Tomlinson - 10 games).
SS Ryan Long (1-FOR-4, R, RBI)
- Earlier in the day was named Big 12 Newcomer of the Week after hitting .500 (6-for-12) in series against ORU.
- Drove in the first run of the game with an RBI double to left-center field.
- Has hit safely in four straight games.
- Has at least one RBI in three consecutive games.
CF Devon Conley (2-FOR-3)
- Notched first multi-hit game of the season... led Tech last season with 20 multi-hit games.
- Only player on either team with a multi-hit game.