Feb. 26, 2010
Final Stats |
- Texas Tech suffered its first loss of the season and now trails Washington State 0-2 in the all-time series. The game marked the first meeting between these two clubs since facing off in the 1986 Lubbock Intercollegiate Tournament here at Dan Law Field.
- Texas Tech is now 15-36 all-time against the Pac-10 Conference.
- Junior center fielder Taylor Ashby extended his team-high hit streak to six games with a double in the second inning. Ashby, who has now made 64 consecutive starts dating back to 2008, finished the night 2-for-3.
- Jay Johnson suffered his first blown save of the season after he allowed three runs in the top of the eighth inning. He has made a team-high five appearances out of the bullpen so far in six games.
- Texas Tech played error free today and that make 4-of-6 games for the Red Raiders with no defensive miscues.
- Washington State now leads the Brooks Wallace Memorial Classic with a 2-0 record while Texas Tech stands at 1-1 and Bethune-Cookman at 0-2.
- Larry Wallace, brother of former Tech shortstop and tournament namesake Brooks Wallace, threw out the ceremonial first pitch.