March 5, 2014
Box Score |
- Improved to 10-3 overall this season... improved to 8-1 in home games... improved to 3-0 in midweek games.
- Has won eight consecutive home games.
- Has won eight consecutive home midweek games.
- Has won at least 10 games during the opening 13 games of the season for the 12th time in school history (2014, 2012, 2005, 1997, 1996, 1995, 1993, 1991, 1989, 1986, 1981, 1926).
- Improved all-time record to 1,511-1,200-8 (65th season).
- Improved all-time home record to 983-466.
- Pitching staff has held its opponent scoreless in 80 percent of its innings pitched this season (93 scoreless innings - 116 innings pitched).
- Offensively recorded season-highs in at-bats (37), hits (17), doubles (4), triples (2), total bases (28) and sacrifice bunts (2).
- Improved to 8-1 against right-handed starting pitchers.
- Improved to 9-1 when scoring four or more runs.
- Has 18 multiple run innings this season (has a pair of three-run innings today).
TEXAS TECH - UNDER HEAD COACH Tim Tadlock (2nd Season)
- 36-33 overall
- 27-11 at home
- 27-18 vs. non-conference opponents
- 22-4 at home (vs. non-conference)
- 27-23 vs. unranked opponents
- 22-16 in day games
- 29-16 vs. right-handed starting pitchers
- 18-12 in 5+ run games
- 10-25 when opponent scores first
- 32-5 when leading after six innings
- 33-3 when leading after seven innings
- 32-1 when leading after eight innings
- 12 come-from-behind wins
- 14-10 in March
- 2-1 against New Mexico
- 471-160 overall record in 11 years as a junior college and NCAA D-I head coach (Grayson County: 1997-2005; Texas Tech: 2013-Present)
NEW MEXICO ALL-TIME SERIES
- With the win, Texas Tech takes a 64-41-1 lead in the all-time series over New Mexico... Tech leads the series 41-19 in games played in Lubbock.
LHP Dylan Dusek (ND, 4.2 IP, 7 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 1 SO - 66 Pitches)
- Made his second start of the season - earned a no decision pitching 4.2 innings in the start.
- Second straight start allowing two or fewer runs.
- Owns a 1.86 ERA on the season in two starts.
LHP Cameron Smith (W, 2.1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 1 SO)
- Earned fourth win of the season pitching 2.1 innings in relief.
- Became the first Red Raider to win four games during the team's opening 13 games of the season.
- Lowered ERA to 1.02 on the season with 17.2 innings pitched and two earned runs allowed.
- During entire collegiate career (New Mexico JC/TexasTech): 31 appearances, 21-4 record.
LHP Jonny Drozd (1.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 SO)
- Allowed a run in the eighth inning which snapped streak of 28 consecutive scoreless innings pitched (dated back to 2013.
- Snapped a streak of nine consecutive outings without allowing a run.
- Has made 12 career relief outings with 25.2 innings pitched with a 0.36 ERA.
RHP Ryan Moseley (1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 SO)
- Has made four consecutive scoreless appearances.
- During last 4 APP - pitched 5.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 9 SO, 0 BB.
- Season Stats: 5 APP, 1.23 ERA, 2 saves, 7.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 10 SO.
SS Ryan Long (3-FOR-4, 4 RBI, BB)
- Has hit safely in 9-of-10 starts this season.
- Hit first career triple.
- Marked fifth multi-hit game and first three-hit game of his career.
- Batting .424 (14-for-33) during last nine games played (Feb. 21-March 4).
- Has reached base safely in seven of his last 10 plate appearances.
CF Stephen Smith (4-FOR-5, 2 R, 2B, 3B, RBI)
- Doubled in first at-bat to leadoff Tech's bottom of the first - marked first career base hit.
- Was a home run shy of hitting for the cycle.
- Is the first Red Raider with four hits in a game since May 16, 2013, when Devon Conley had four hits vs. Baylor in Lubbock.
- Became the first Red Raider freshman to have four hits in a game since Jarrard Poteete (April 21, 2013 vs. Kansas) going 4-for-5 with a double and 3 RBI.
- First career multi-hit game.
3B Jake Barrios (3-FOR-5, 3 R, RBI)
- Has reached base safely in eight of last 10 plate appearances.
- Matched a career-high with three base hits (6th time during career).
- Had a career-high three runs scored.
- Notched third multi-hit game of the season (19th career).
RF Adam Kirsch (3-FOR-4, R, 2B, HR, 2 RBI)
- Extended hit streak to 11 games with three hits in the game.
- Hit second home run (solo) of the season... first HR of the year came in the second game of the season vs. No. 3 Indiana.
- Tallied fourth multi-hit game of the season.
- Notched second three-hit game of the year.
- Collected second multiple RBI game of the season.
- Longest hit streaks by Red Raider newcomers since 2004.
20 Games - Cameron Blair (2004)
13 Games - Barrett Barnes (2010)
13 Games - Roger Kieschnick (2006)
11 Games - Adam Kirsch (2014)
11 Games - Reid Redman (2011)
11 Games - Justin Berry (2009)
11 Games - Chris Hall (2007)
11 Games - Geoff Byrnes (2007)
11 Games - Carey Avants (2005)
C Mason Randolph (3-FOR-3, 2 R, 2 2B)
- Matched a career-high two doubles (4th time during career).
- Tallied first multi-hit game of the season (12th career).
- Fourth time this season a Red Raider had two doubles in a game.
1B Eric Gutierrez (0-FOR-4)
- Made 69th consecutive start on Tuesday... longest streak among active players.
- Has hit safely in 11-of-13 games this season... has hit safely in 22 of last 27 games dating back to last season (Apr. 27, 2013).
PH Johnathon Tripp (0-FOR-1)
- Made first career at-bat as a pinch-hitter Tuesday... grounded out to shortstop.