March 6, 2010
Final Stats |
- Texas Tech fell to 7-4 on the season and to 0-2 in the Houston College Classic with tonight's 3-2 loss to Rice. Tech has now lost two straight games for its first losing streak of the 2010 season.
- With tonight's win, Rice has now defeated Texas Tech 13 consecutive times dating back to the 1996 season. Texas Tech holds a slight lead in the all-time series at 56-54.
- Texas Tech was held to a season-low two hits on the night and that total is the lowest output for a Tech offense since being held to two runs on two hits at Texas A&M-Corpus Christi on March 18, 2009.
- Senior outfielder Bonham Hough hit his first home run of the season in the seventh inning and the two-run blast tied the game at 2-2. Hough made his first start of this tournament tonight in right field.
- Junior RHP Bobby Doran has now earned three no-decisions in three starts this year and leads the pitching staff with a 3.32 ERA over 19 innings of work.
- Senior left fielder Michael Reed had his eight-game hit streak come to an end tonight after going 0-for-4 at the dish.