March 9, 2010
Final Stats |
- Texas Tech snapped a three-game losing skid and now stands at 8-5 on the season. The Red Raiders are now 8-2 at Dan Law Field.
- Texas Tech now leads Gonzaga 2-0 in the all-time series and 1-0 at Dan Law Field. The two schools met for the first time last season in the Palm Springs Invitational, a 7-1 Tech win.
- Junior third baseman Nick Popescu drove in a game-high three runs tonight to tie his season high. He previously drove in three runs against Bethune-Cookman earlier this year.
- Junior right-hander Chad Bettis has moved back to the bullpen and made his first relief appearance of the season tonight in the eighth inning. Bettis struckout the side in the eighth and then tossed a scoreless ninth to register his first save of the season and the eighth of his career. Coincidentally, it was Tech's 7-1 wing against Gonzaga last season in Palm Springs where Bettis earned his first career save.
- Senior left fielder Michael Reed went 2-for-5 tonight and has now hit safely in 10-of-12 games this season. He leads the team with a .429 average.
- Senior shortstop Joey Kenworthy took over the team lead in multiple-hit games tonight with his sixth. He went 3-for-5 at the plate and drove in a run.