March 12, 2014
Box Score |
- Improved to 15-3 overall this season... improved to 13-1 in home games... improved to 3-0 in night games... improved to 4-0 in midweek games.
- Became the first Big 12 baseball program to reach 15 wins this season.
- Improved current winning streak to seven games... marks the second longest win streak this season (8 games).
- Has won 13 consecutive home games for the first time since 2002 (13 straight - April 16-May 19, 2002).
- Has won nine consecutive home midweek games (dating back to 2013) for the first time since 2004-06 (14 consecutive).
- Marked first time with an undefeated record during a home stand of six or more games since 2002 (13-0).
- Has won at least 15 games during the opening 18 games of the season for the fifth time in school history and the first time since 1997 (16-2).
- Has started the season winning 15 games through the opening 18 games: 2014, 1997, 1996, 1995, 1991.
- Improved all-time record to 1,516-1,200-8 (65th season).
- Improved all-time home record to 988-466.
- Game lasted only 1 hour and 47 minutes... fastest played Texas Tech game since Feb. 22, 2003 (1 hr, 33 min - at TCU) during a 2-1 loss against TCU in Fort Worth.
- Scored five runs in the first inning for the second time this season (vs. No. 3 Indiana - Feb. 15).
- Hit three doubles in the game... has hit 20 doubles over the past eight games... leads the Big 12 with 39 doubles this season.
- Hit 12th triple of the season - leads NCAA.
- Pitching staff has held its opponent scoreless in 78 percent of its innings pitched this season (126 scoreless innings - 162 innings pitched).
- Marked the 10th game this season not committing a defensive error... has made just one error the past 57 innings (since Mar. 2).
- Improved to 14-1 when scoring four or more runs.
- Has 29 multiple run innings this season (scored 5 runs in the first inning).
- Has posted at least one extra-base hit in 17-of-18 games this season.
GAME CALLED DUE TO WEATHER AFER 6 1/2 INNINGS
- Tuesday's game was called after 1 hour and 47 minutes of action and with a seven minute weather delay due to weather conditions.
TEXAS TECH - UNDER HEAD COACH Tim Tadlock (2nd Season)
- 41-33 overall
- 32-11 at home
- 32-18 vs. non-conference opponents
- 27-4 at home (vs. non-conference)
- 32-23 vs. unranked opponents
- 17-17 in night games
- 32-16 vs. right-handed starting pitchers
- 30-8 when scoring first
- 36-5 when leading after six innings
- 37-3 when leading after seven innings
- 35-1 when leading after eight innings
- 19-10 in March
- 1-0 against Abilene Christian
- 476-160 overall record in 11 years as a collegiate head coach (junior college and NCAA D-I) (Grayson County: 1997-2005; Texas Tech: 2013-Present)
ABILENE CHRISTIAN ALL-TIME SERIES
- With the win, Texas Tech takes a 28-16 lead in the all-time series over Abilene Christian... Tech leads the series 22-6 in games played in Lubbock... Tech has won six straight in the series dating back to 1976... Red Raiders have won 14 of the last 15 overall dating back to 1968... Tech has won 12 straight games played in Lubbock dating back to 1967.
LHP Dylan Dusek (W, 5.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 4 SO - 83 Pitches)
- Earned second win of the season during third consecutive midweek (all at home) start.
- Has thrown 5.0 IP in 2-of-3 starts this season.
- Has allowed 2 or fewer runs in all three starts this season.
- Issued first walk of the season snapping a streak of 13.0 consecutive innings without allowing a walk to start his career.
- Owns a 1.84 ERA in three starts with 14.2 innings pitched this season.
RHP Corey Taylor (2.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 SO)
- Marked 23rd career appearance (15th career relief outing).
- Tallied third multiple-inning relief appearance (5th career).
- Owns a 1.42 ERA in five appearances (1 start) with 12.2 innings pitched this season.
LF Alec Humphreys (2-FOR-3, 2 R, 3B)
- LAST 3 GAMES: .615 (8-for-13), 7 runs, double, 2 triples, 4 RBI, 2 stolen bases, 0 strikeouts, .643 on-base percentage, 1.000 slugging percentage.
- Posted fourth multi-hit game of the season (6th career)... first time during career with three consecutive multi-hit games.
- Hit a triple for the second time during the last three games.
1B Eric Gutierrez (1-FOR-2, R, HBP)
- Made 74th consecutive start on Tuesday... longest streak among active players.
- Has reached base safely in 14 of his last 18 plate appearances (dates back to Mar. 7).
- Has hit safely in 16-of-18 games this season... has hit safely in 27 of last 32 games dating back to last season (Apr. 27, 2013).
- Recorded his 5th hit-by-pitch this season (25th career).
3B Jake Barrios (1-FOR-2, R, 2B, 3 RBI, BB)
- LAST 8 GAMES: .394 (13-for-33), 12 runs, 2 doubles, triple, 9 RBI, five walks, three hit-by-pitch, .568 OB%.
- Tallied fourth multiple RBI game of the season (17th career).
- Has eight RBI over his last four games played.
- Notched third go-ahead RBI of the season (13th career)... led team a year ago with 10.
- Has hit safely in five of his last six games.
DH Adam Kirsch (2-FOR-3, R, 2 2B, RBI)
- Recorded fifth multiple RBI game.
- Has hit safely in 15 of his last 16 games.
- Tallied sixth multi-hit game.
- Has at least one RBI in six of his last seven games played... has nine RBI during this span.
- First career game with two doubles... leads the Big 12 with 10 doubles this season.
CF Stephen Smith (1-FOR-4, R)
- Has led off the Texas Tech bottom of the first inning with a walk or base hit in six consecutive games.
- Marked the sixth consecutive game leading off for Tech in the first inning and reached base (2B-BB-BB-BB-BB-1B).
2B Bryant Burleson (2-FOR-3)
- LAST 5 GAMES: .450 (9-for-20), 4 runs, 2 doubles, 2 triples, 6 RBI, 2 hit-by-pitch, .478 on-base percentage.
- Notched fifth multi-hit game this season (29th career).