March 15, 2014
- Dropped to 15-4 overall and to 0-1 in Big 12 play this season... dropped to 1-1 in road games... dropped to 3-1 in night games.
- Had seven-game winning streak snapped.
- Dropped to 7-11 all-time in Big 12 openers (3-8 on the road).
- Suffered first shutout in a Big 12 opener.
- Marked first 1-0 loss in Big 12 play since 2008 (Series Opener - vs. No. 2 Missouri, 1-0 - Lubbock, Texas).
- Dropped all-time record to 1,516-1,201-8 (65th season).
- Improved all-time road record to 420-647-3.
- Pitching staff has held its opponent scoreless in 78 percent of its innings pitched this season (133 scoreless innings - 170 innings pitched).
- Marked the fifth time this season allowing opponent one or fewer runs.
- Has lost a pair of 1-0 games in the same season for the first time since 1992.
TEXAS TECH - UNDER HEAD COACH TIM TADLOCK (2nd Season)
- 41-34 overall
- 7-17 on the road
- 9-16 in Big 12 play
- 4-9 on the road in Big 12 play
- 32-24 vs. unranked opponents
- 10-18 vs. Big 12 opponents (all games)
- 17-18 in night games
- 32-17 vs. right-handed starting pitchers
- 8-12 in 1-run games
- 6-6 in shutouts
- 11-26 when opponent scores first
- 3-25 when trailing after six innings
- 2-27 when trailing after seven innings
- 2-24 when trailing after eight innings
- 19-11 in March
- 3-2 against Baylor
- 476-161 overall record in 11 years as a collegiate head coach (junior college and NCAA D-I) (Grayson County: 1997-2005; Texas Tech: 2013-Present)
BAYLOR ALL-TIME SERIES
- With the loss, Texas Tech falls to 78-75 in the all-time series with Baylor... Tech trails 26-46 in the all-time series in games played in Waco, Texas... Baylor has won five of the last eight all-time meetings... Tech drops to 18-23 in one-run games against Baylor... suffered its first shutout to Baylor since March 23, 1996 (0-8 - in Waco)... marked Tech's first-ever 1-0 loss to Baylor.
LHP DOMINIC MORENO (L, 7.0 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 9 SO - 95 Pitches)
- Suffered loss in fifth straight start this season allowing just one earned run.
- Nine strikeouts mark a season-high and his second most during his career (11, vs. Northern Illinois - 2013 Opening Day).
- Nine strikeouts are the most by a Red Raider pitcher this season.
- Became the first Red Raider with at least one strikeout in seven consecutive innings in one game since Trey Masek (8, vs. La Salle - March 2, 2013).
- Tallied a pair of strikeouts in the first inning and the third inning.
- Made fifth consecutive start pitching at least five innings.
- Seven innings pitched marked a season-high and the third time during his career to post a career-high seven innings.
- Lowered season ERA to 1.59 (28.1 IP/5 ER).
- Lowered career ERA to 3.13 (89.0 IP/31)... currently ranks tied for seventh in Texas Tech career history (Travis Gage, 3,13 - 1991-93).
LHP JONNY DROZD (1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 9 SO)
- Marked eighth scoreless outing of the season (16th career - 13th in relief).
- CAREER IN RELIEF: 2-0, 0.56 ERA, 15 APP, 3 Saves, 32.1 IP, 27 H, 5 R, 2 ER, 5 BB, 22 SO.
- CAREER VS. BAYLOR: 3 APP, 0.00 ERA, 11.0 IP, 10 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 7 SO.
- Sixth multiple strikeout game this season (17th career).
- Lowered career ERA to 2.98 (84.2 IP/28 ER)... currently ranks sixth in Texas Tech career history.
- Is only the fourth Red Raider since 1974 with a career ERA below 3.00:
J.J. Varney (1992-93) - 2.23 ERA
Ryan Nye (1994) - 2.25 ERA
Duke von Schamann (2011-12) - 2.67 ERA
Jonny Drozd (2013-14) - 2.98 ERA
LF ALEC HUMPHREYS (1-FOR-3, BB)
- LAST 4 GAMES: .563 (9-for-16), 7 runs, double, 2 triples, 4 RBI, 2 walks, 2 stolen bases, 0 strikeouts.
3B JAKE BARRIOS (2-FOR-4)
- LAST 9 GAMES: .405 (15-for-37), 12 runs, 2 doubles, triple, 9 RBI, five walks, three hit-by-pitch.
- Notched sixth multi-hit game of the season (22nd career).
- Has hit safely in six of his last seven games.
1B ERIC GUTIERREZ (0-FOR-4)
- Made 75th consecutive start on Friday... longest streak among active players.
- Has reached base safely in 14 of his last 22 plate appearances (dates back to Mar. 7).
- Has hit safely in 16-of-19 games this season... has hit safely in 27 of last 33 games dating back to last season (Apr. 27, 2013).
RF ADAM KIRSCH (1-FOR-4)
- Has reached base safely in 17 consecutive games.
- Has hit safely in 16 of his last 17 games.