March 15, 2014
- Dropped to 15-5 overall and to 0-2 in Big 12 play this season... dropped to 1-2 in road games... dropped to 12-4 in day games.
- Dropped all-time record to 1,516-1,202-8 (65th season).
- Dropped to 225-232-2 all-time in Big 12 play (18th season)
- Dropped all-time road record to 420-648-3.
- Marked the first time this season dropping back-to-back games against the same opponent.
- Has scored one or fewer runs in 4-of-5 losses this season.
- Pitching staff has held its opponent scoreless in 78 percent of its innings pitched this season (139 scoreless innings - 178 innings pitched).
- Marked the 13th time this season allowing two or fewer earned runs.
- Hit one double in the game... has hit at least one double in 18-of-20 games this season.
- Allowed just one walk for the third consecutive game... Tech pitching staff has 23 strikeouts and 3 walks allowed during the last three games.
- Pitching staff hasn't allowed a home run in six consecutive games.
- Marked the 11th time this season without making a fielding error... Red Raiders lead the Big 12 fielding .979 and lead the league with 20 double plays turned.
- Notched its fifth pinch-hitting base hit this season... Eight Red Raiders have combined hit .385 (5-for-13) in pinch-hitting at-bats this season.
TEXAS TECH - UNDER HEAD COACH Tim Tadlock (2nd Season)
- 41-35 overall
- 7-18 on the road
- 9-17 in Big 12 play
- 4-10 on the road in Big 12 play
- 32-25 vs. unranked opponents
- 10-19 vs. Big 12 opponents (all games)
- 24-17 in day games
- 9-18 vs. left-handed starting pitchers
- 8-13 in 1-run games
- 11-27 when opponent scores first
- 3-26 when trailing after six innings
- 2-28 when trailing after seven innings
- 2-25 when trailing after eight innings
- 19-12 in March
- 3-3 against Baylor
- 476-162 overall record in 11 years as a collegiate head coach (junior college and NCAA D-I) (Grayson County: 1997-2005; Texas Tech: 2013-Present)
BAYLOR ALL-TIME SERIES
- With the loss, Texas Tech falls to 78-76 in the all-time series with Baylor... Tech trails 26-47 in the all-time series in games played in Waco, Texas... Tech has lost five straight to Baylor in Waco dating back to 2012... Baylor has won six of the last nine all-time meetings... Tech drops to 18-24 in one-run games against Baylor... drops to 10-8 all-time against Baylor in middle games of the series (Big 12 era - since 1997)... Tech has held Baylor to just three runs over the past two games - fewest in the all-time series since holding Baylor to three runs in back-to-back games in 2002 (W, 5-2, W, 11-1).
LHP Chris Sadberry (L, 5.1 IP, 7 H (4 INF HITS), 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 4 SO - 91 Pitches)
- Suffered first loss of the season during fifth start of the season.
- Has allowed two or fewer runs in all five starts this season.
- Issued first walk while snapping streak of 26 consecutive innings pitched without allowing a walk... Walk issued on a full count to the leadoff hitter in the bottom of the sixth (1B Mitch Price).
- Allowed seven base hits - four were infield hits, including two bunt base hits.
- Retired 12-of-15 batters from the 2nd-to-5th inning.
- Held Bears to 3-of-13 batting (.230) with runners on base.
- Held Bears to 1-of-6 batting (.167) with two outs.
RHP Ryan Moseley (2.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 SO)
- Recoded seventh consecutive scoreless appearance.
- Fifth time this season striking out multiple batters.
- Fourth appearance pitching multiple innings.
- Has allowed one walk in 16.1 innings pitched this season.
- Last 7 APP: 0-0, 2 saves, 0.00 ERA, 14.0 IP, 6 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 15 SO, .133 opponent batting average.
- Texas Tech is 7-1 during his eight appearances.
3B Jake Barrios (2-FOR-4, RBI, BB)
- LAST 10 GAMES: .459 (17-for-37), 12 runs, 2 doubles, triple, 10 RBI, six walks, three hit-by-pitch and .565 on-base percentage.
- Has raised batting average .097 (March 6 - .189 - to - March 15 - .286) during the last six games.
- Notched team-leading seventh multi-hit game of the season (23rd career).
- Has hit safely in seven of his last eight games.
- Notched third infield hit this season (8th career).
DH Adam Kirsch (0-FOR-3, BB)
- Has reached base safely in 18 consecutive games (Feb. 15-Mar. 15)... Longest streak by a Red Raider since Jake Barrios reached in 25 straight in 2013 (Mar. 16-Apr. 30, 2013).
- Has hit safely in 16 of his last 18 games.
PH Anthony Lyons (1-FOR-1)
- Recorded second pinch-hit base hit of the season.
- Is now 2-for-3 (.667) in pinch-hit at-bats this season.
- Became the second Red Raider this season with a pair of pinch-hit base hits (Alec Humphreys).
1B Eric Gutierrez (0-FOR-4)
- Made 76th consecutive start on Saturday... longest streak among active players.
- Has hit safely in 16-of-20 games this season... has hit safely in 27 of last 34 games dating back to last season (Apr. 27, 2013).