March 16, 2014
- Improved to 16-5 overall and to 1-2 in Big 12 play this season... improved to 2-2 in road games... improved to 13-4 in day games.
- Became the first Big 12 Conference team to win 16 games this season.
- Improved to 3-4 in televised games this season... is now 2-0 in FOX Sports Southwest Plus televised games this season.
- Improved to 4-1 under head coach Tim Tadlock in two seasons during Game 3 of a Big 12 series when trailing 0-2 on the weekend.
- Improved all-time record to 1,517-1,202-8 (65th season).
- Improved to 226-232-2 all-time in Big 12 play (18th season)
- Improved all-time road record to 421-648-3.
- Tied a school record for fewest runs allowed in a Big 12 series with four.
2014 - at Baylor (4 runs allowed)
2013 - at Texas (4 runs allowed)
2001 - vs. No. 14 Oklahoma State (4 runs allowed)
1997 - vs. Iowa State (4 runs allowed)
- Allowed three base hits, which marked the fewest hits allowed in a Big 12 Conference game since March 30, 2012 at Kansas (2).
- Has allowed six runs over the last four games against Baylor... Marks fewest vs. Baylor in a four-game stretch since 1978-79 (5 runs in 4 games).
- Marked the 12th time this season without making a fielding error... Red Raiders lead the Big 12 fielding .980.
- Pitching staff has held its opponent scoreless in 79 percent of its innings pitched this season (147 scoreless innings - 187 innings pitched).
- Marked sixth time this season allowing one or fewer runs... has given up two or fewer earned runs in 14-of-21 games.
- Pitching staff posted a 1.44 ERA during the three-game series at Baylor.
- Pitching staff held Baylor to a .140 (6-for-43) batting average with runners on base.
- Pitching staff held Baylor to a .100 (3-for-30) batting average with runners in scoring position.
- Pitching staff held Baylor to a .138 (4-for-29) batting average with two outs.
- Hit one double in the game... has hit at least one double in 19-of-21 games this season.
- Pitching staff recorded 25 strikeouts and allowed just four walks during three-game series with Baylor.
- Pitching staff hasn't allowed a home run in seven consecutive games.
TEXAS TECH - UNDER HEAD COACH Tim Tadlock (2nd Season)
- 42-35 overall
- 8-18 on the road
- 10-17 in Big 12 play
- 5-10 on the road in Big 12 play
- 33-25 vs. unranked opponents
- 11-19 vs. Big 12 opponents (all games)
- 25-17 in day games
- 33-17 vs. right-handed starting pitchers
- 21-12 in 5+ runs games
- 12-27 when opponent scores first
- 4-26 when trailing after six innings
- 3-28 when trailing after seven innings
- 36-1 when leading after eight innings
- 20-12 in March
- 4-3 against Baylor
- 477-162 overall record in 11 years as a collegiate head coach (junior college and NCAA D-I) (Grayson County: 1997-2005; Texas Tech: 2013-Present)
BAYLOR ALL-TIME SERIES
- With the win, Texas Tech improves to 79-76 in the all-time series with Baylor... Tech trails 27-47 in the all-time series in games played in Waco, Texas... Tech snapped a five-game losing streak to Baylor in Waco... Tech has won four of the last seven matchups... Tech has allowed just six runs to Baylor over the last four meetings - marks fewest in a four-game span since 1978-79 (5 runs)... improved to 10-8 all-time against Baylor in series finales (since 1997 - Big 12 era).
LHP Cameron Smith (ND, 5.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 3 SO - 70 Pitches)
- Earned a no decision making first career start.
- Joined freshman LHP Dylan Dusek (5.0 IP, 0 R) as the only two Red Raiders this season to pitch five or more innings in first career start while allowing one or fewer runs.
- Is the eighth Red Raider to make a start this season - 4th making first career start in 2014.
- Has allowed one or fewer runs in 7-of-9 appearances this season.
- Retired seven consecutive batters from the 1st-to-3rd inning.
RHP Corey Taylor (W, 4.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 SO)
- Earned the win improving to 3-0 this season.
- Marked second win this season while pitching in relief.
- Posted fourth scoreless outing of the season (8th career).
- Longest relief outing this season, second longest of career (4.1 IP - vs. No. 19 Oklahoma State, May 4, 2013).
- Retired 12-of-13 batters faced... faced one batter over the minimum during four-inning outing... only base runner allowed was via walk.
- Struck out one batter in the seventh and eighth innings and struck out two batters, back-to-back, to end the game in the ninth.
- Tallied five fly outs, three ground outs and four strikeouts.
- Struck out multiple batters for the third time this season (9th career).
- Has thrown multiple innings in 5-of-6 outings this season (15th career).
3B Jake Barrios (1-FOR-4, BB)
- Improved hit streak to seven games.
- Led the team batting .417 (5-for-12) during the three-game series with Baylor.
- Batted fifth in the lineup snapping a streak of 43 consecutive games batting in the 3-hole... last time he didn't bat 3-hole was April 6, 2013 (at K-State, 6-hole).
- LAST 11 GAMES: .439 (18-for-41), 13 runs, 2 doubles, triple, 10 RBI, seven walks, three hit-by-pitch, only two strikeouts and .541 on-base percentage.
- Has raised batting average .095 (March 6 - .189 - to - March 15 - .284) during the last seven games.
- Has hit safely in eight of his last nine games.
- Notched fourth infield hit this season (9th career).
C Hunter Redman (2-FOR-3, R, 2B, 3 RBI, SAC BUNT)
- Double to left field in the eighth inning scored Tech's 3rd, 4th and 5th runs of the game.
- Recorded second multi-hit game this season.
- Season-high three RBI while notching second multiple RBI game of the season.
- Has four two-our RBI on the season.
RF Adam Kirsch (1-FOR-5, R)
- Has reached base safely in 19 consecutive games (Feb. 15-Mar. 16)... Longest streak by a Red Raider since Jake Barrios reached in 25 straight in 2013 (Mar. 16-Apr. 30, 2013).
- Has hit safely in 17 of his last 19 games.
1B Eric Gutierrez (1-FOR-3, HBP)
- Made 77th consecutive start on Sunday... longest streak among active players.
- Batted third in the lineup snapping a streak of 33 consecutive games batting cleanup... last time he didn't bat cleanup was April 27, 2013 (at No. 11 Oklahoma, 5-hole).
- Has hit safely in 17-of-21 games this season... has hit safely in 28 of last 35 games dating back to last season (Apr. 27, 2013).