March 20, 2014
Box Score |
- Dropped to 17-6 overall and to 5-1 during midweek games... Dropped to 14-2 in home games... dropped to 13-5 in day games.
- Is the first Big 12 Conference team to win 17 games this season.
- Dropped all-time record to 1,518-1,203-8 (65th season).
- Dropped all-time home record to 989-467.
- Had 14-game home win streak snapped... longest home winning streak since 1999 (21).
- Had 10-game winning streak at home in midweek games snapped... longest at home in midweek play since 2004-06 (14).
- Dropped to 17-2 when scoring two or more runs this season.
- Scored in the first inning in back-to-back games for the second time this season (Mar. 9, 11).
- Recorded a season-high two stolen bases (S. Smith, Barrios).
- Hit its eighth home run of the season (4 players have at least one).
- Pitching staff has held its opponent scoreless in 77 percent of its innings pitched this season (157 scoreless innings - 205 innings pitched).
TEXAS TECH - UNDER HEAD COACH Tim Tadlock (2nd Season)
- 43-36 overall
- 33-12 at home
- 33-19 in non-conference play
- 28-5 in non-conference play at home
- 34-26 vs. unranked opponents
- 25-18 in day games
- 33-18 vs. right-handed starting pitchers
- 12-28 when opponent scores first
- 2-5 when tied after six innings
- 2-5 when tied after seven innings
- 2-26 when leading after eight innings
- 21-13 in March
- 2-1 against Stephen F. Austin
- 478-163 overall record in 11 years as a collegiate head coach (junior college and NCAA D-I) (Grayson County: 1997-2005; Texas Tech: 2013-Present)
STEPHEN F. AUSTIN ALL-TIME SERIES
- With the loss, Texas Tech drops to 3-2 all-time against Stephen F. Austin with a 2-2 record against the Lumberjacks in Lubbock... today completed the three games between these two teams this season with the Red Raiders going 2-1, with a win on the road and at home.
LHP Dylan Dusek (ND, 5.0 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 2 SO - 68 Pitches)
- Earned second no decision of the season while making fourth consecutive midweek start at home.
- Left the game with a 3-2 lead following five innings.
- Marked fourth consecutive start allowing two or fewer earned runs.
- Has pitched at least five innings in 3-of-4 starts this season.
- Hasn't allowed a walk in 3-of-4 starts this season.
- Has issued just one walk in 19.2 innings this season.
CF Stephen Smith (3-FOR-5, R, SB)
- Batted .727 (8-for-11) in two-game midweek series with Stephen F. Austin.
- Has reached base safely in nine of his last 12 plate appearances - dates back to Baylor series finale (3/16).
- Marked eighth straight home game leading off Tech 1st inning with either a base hit or a walk... singled to center field to lead off today's game.
- Third multi-hit game of the season... all three games has posted three or more base hits.
- Has hit safely in five of his last six games.
- Recorded first career stolen base.
3B Jake Barrios (0-FOR-4, SB)
- Had eight-game hitting streak snapped going 0-for-4.
- Struck out in the first inning while having streak of reaching base safely in consecutive plate appearances snapped at eight.
- LAST 12 GAMES: .438 (21-for-48), 17 runs, 2 doubles, triple, 11 RBI, eight walks, 5 hit-by-pitch, only three strikeouts.
- Has raised batting average .106 (March 6 - .189 - to - March 19 - .295) during the last nine games.
- Has hit safely in nine of his last 11 games.
- Recorded first stolen base of the season.
RF Adam Kirsch (0-FOR-3, RBI)
- Had streak of reaching base safely in 20 consecutive games snapped while going 0-for-3 with a sac fly... the last time Kirsch did not reach base safely was Opening Day vs. No. 3 Indiana (2/14).
- Has hit safely in 18 of his last 21 games.
- Has 15 RBI during his last 12 games played in the month of March (Mar. 1-19).
1B Eric Gutierrez (1-FOR-2, R, HR, RBI, BB, HBP)
- Made 79th consecutive start on Wednesday... longest streak among active players.
- Led off the third inning with a solo home run over the left-field fence.
- Hit his third home run of the season (10th career).
- Has hit three home runs during his last eight games played.
- Batting .400 (4-for-10) during his last three games.
- Posted seventh hit-by-pitch this season (27th career).
- Has hit safely in 19-of-23 games this season... has hit safely in 30 of last 37 games dating back to last season (Apr. 27, 2013).
RF Todd Ritchie (1-FOR-3, R, 2 BB)
- Posted a season-high two walks.
- Reached base safely in 3-of-5 plate appearances.