April 2, 2014
- Improved to 23-9 overall and to 8-1 in midweek games and to 19-4 in non-conference games.
- Is the only team in NCAA Division I with 23 wins, 7 wins vs. top-25 opponents and played back-to-back road series to open league play.
- Is off to its best start to the season since 1999 (24-8)... marks program's ninth best start in school history with a 23-9 record through 32 games of the season.
- Has won six of its last eight, eight of its last 12 and 15 of its last 21 games overall.
- Improved to 6-3 the game following a loss.
- Improved to 2-2 in neutral site games... improved to 6-3 in night games.
- Improved to 16-4 against unranked opponents this season.
- Improved all-time record to 1,524-1,206-8 (65th season).
- Improved all-time neutral site record to 109-88.
- Improved to 23-3 this season when scoring at least two runs.
- Improved 22-4 when holding opponent to five runs or fewer.
- Improved to 20-0 this season when leading after six innings.
- Improved to 15-1 when scoring first this season.
- Pitching staff has allowed three or fewer earned runs in 22-of-32 games this season.
- Marked its 16th game this season without committing an error... leads Big 12 Conference with a .981 fielding percentage.
- Improved to 6-0 playing on Tuesday this season.
- Scored three runs in the fifth inning - eventual game-winning runs... Tech has out-scored its opponents 30-8 in the fifth inning this season.
- Pitching staff has held its opponent scoreless in 75 percent of its innings pitched this season (215 scoreless innings - 288 innings pitched).
RED RAIDERS PLAY IN MIDLAND FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE 2010 - - - 5,196 FANS IN ATTENDANCE
- Texas Tech played in Midland tonight for the first time since 2010 when the Red Raiders lost to New Mexico State (6-2) at Citibank Ballpark in front of 2,156 fans. Tonight the Red Raiders faced New Mexico in front of 5,196 fans at Security Bank Ballpark.
TEXAS TECH - UNDER HEAD COACH Tim Tadlock (2nd Season)
- 49-39 overall
- 3-6 in neutral site games
- 36-19 in non-conference games
- 3-6 in neutral site non-conference games
- 37-26 against unranked teams
- 20-20 in night games
- 36-20 vs. right-handed starting pitchers
- 34-9 when scoring first
- 43-5 when leading after six innings
- 44-3 when leading after seven innings
- 43-1 when leading after eight innings
- 5-11 in April
- 3-1 against New Mexico
- 484-166 overall record in 11 years as a collegiate head coach (junior college and NCAA D-I) (Grayson County: 1997-2005; Texas Tech: 2013-Present)
NEW MEXICO ALL-TIME SERIES
- With the win, Texas Tech improves to 65-41-1 all-time against New Mexico while Tuesday was the first-ever meeting at a neutral site... Red Raiders have won three straight over the Lobos and won four of the last six and seven of the last 12 overall matchups... has held UNM to three or fewer runs in back-to-back games for the first time since 2003.
LHP Dylan Dusek (W, 6.1 IP, 7 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 4 SO - 83 Pitches)
- Improved to 4-0 on the season... is the first Red Raider freshman to start career 4-0 since 2011 (Duke von Schamann).
- Made his sixth consecutive start for the Red Raiders during midweek play.
- Marked his first career start away from home.
- Second longest start of the season (7.0, vs. Arkansas-Pine Bluff).
- Marked his fifth start this season (6 total) to not allow a walk.
- Has allowed one walk in 33.1 innings.
- Has allowed two or fewer earned runs in all six starts this season.
- Texas Tech is 5-1 during his six outings on the season.
RHP Dominic Moreno (1.2 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 SO)
- Marked first relief outing of the season... had made six consecutive series-opening starts heading into today.
-Marked third career relief appearance... entered in relief as a sophomore against Lubbock Christian and Baylor.
RHP Ryan Moseley (S, 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 SO)
- Entered with a three-run lead (6-3) to pitch in the top of the ninth inning.
- Earned third save of the season - tied for Texas Tech's freshman all-time record for a season (3 - Johnathon Tripp).
- Marked ninth scoreless appearance of the season.
- Lowered ERA to 1.08 on the season in 24.0 IP (3 ER)... has 21 strikeouts and 4 walks allowed.
1B Eric Gutierrez (1-FOR-4, R, HR, 3 RBI)
- Hit 4th home run of the season (11th career) on a 3-0 pitch to give Tech eventual game-winning runs.
- Made 88th consecutive start on Tuesday... longest streak among active players.
- Has hit safely in 26-of-32 games this season... has hit safely in 37 of last 45 games dating back to last season (Apr. 27, 2013).
- Three RBI marked his second most in a game this season.
SS Tim Proudfoot (2-FOR-3, 3 R, BB)
- Three runs scored is a season-high... his career-high is four runs (vs. Alabama A&M, 2012).
- Has a four-game hit streak.
- Has four multi-hit games this season (19 career).
- Has hit safely in 7-of-8 starts this season.