April 2, 2010
Final Stats |
- The Red Raiders now stand at 14-15 on the year and 4-4 in Big 12 play.
- Tech improves to 27-15-1 all-time against Kansas State and has now won five of the last six meetings with the Wildcats.
- Taylor Ashby's two hits in the game pulled him to a tie with Matt Kastelic for sixth all-time on the school's career hits chart with 203.
- Bobby Doran claimed his first victory of the season as the junior right-hander went six innings, allowing four runs, three of which were earned, off only seven hits.
- For the second-consecutive night, Chad Bettis came in for the save as the junior earned his third save of the season. Bettis, who had not appeared in consecutive days this season, has thrown 94 pitches this weekend.
- Jamodrick McGruder had a career-high four hits off a home run to leadoff the game and three singles. McGruder and No. 2-hole hitter Joey Kenworthy combines to go 7-for-9 on the night with 4 RBIs and six runs scored.