April 5, 2014
- Dropped to 23-10 overall and 4-6 in Big 12 play (3-4 road)... dropped to 1-4 in series openers this season (0-4 in Big 12 play).
- Dropped to 4-4 in road games (6-6 in road/neutral site games)... dropped to 6-4 in night games.
- Dropped to 7-5 against ranked opponents this season.
- Dropped all-time record to 1,524-1,207-8 (65th season).
- Dropped all-time road record to 423-650-3.
- Dropped all-time Big 12 record to 229-236-2.
- Pitching staff has allowed three or fewer earned runs in 23-of-33 games this season.
- Marked its 17th game this season without committing an error... leads Big 12 Conference with a .982 fielding percentage... marked sixth time this season turning multiple double plays.
- Hasn't allowed an error in back-to-back games for the seventh time this season.
- Pitching staff has held its opponent scoreless in 74 percent of its innings pitched this season (220 scoreless innings - 296 innings pitched).
TEXAS TECH - UNDER HEAD COACH Tim Tadlock (2nd Season)
- 49-40 overall
- 10-20 in road games
- 13-21 in Big 12 games
- 7-11 on the road in Big 12 games
- 12-14 against ranked opponents
- 8-13 against ranked opponents - No. 11-35
- 20-21 in night games
- 36-21 vs. right-handed starting pitchers
- 15-31 when opponent scores first
- 4-30 when trailing after six innings
- 3-32 when trailing after seven innings
- 2-30 when trailing after eight innings
- 5-12 in April
- 1-3 against Oklahoma State
- 484-167 overall record in 11 years as a collegiate head coach (junior college and NCAA D-I) (Grayson County: 1997-2005; Texas Tech: 2013-Present)
OKLAHOMA STATE ALL-TIME SERIES
- With the loss, Texas Tech falls to 26-36 all-time against Oklahoma State... Tech drops to 11-20 against OSU in games played in Stillwater... Falls to 6-12 against OSU in series openers during the Big 12 era (since 1997) - that record includes a 2-7 mark in openers in Stillwater... Tech has lost six straight series openers in Stillwater... Red Raiders have lost three straight games to the Cowboys and have dropped their last four in a row against OSU in Stillwater... marked the fourth straight game to be held to two runs or fewer against OSU on the road... eight of the last 13 matchups in Stillwater have been decided by two runs or fewer.
RHP Matt Withrow (L, 1.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 1 SO - 30 Pitches)
- Tonight's start marked the shortest start of his career.
- Dropped to 3-3 on the season and to 8-6 during his career.
- Marked his first start in Big 12 play this season and the fourth in his career.
LHP Cameron Smith (3.2 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 4 SO)
- Posted a season-high four strikeouts.
- Is 1-of-3 Red Raiders with a team-leading 13 appearances (Jonny Drozd, Ryan Moseley).
RHP Dominic Moreno (3.1 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 SO)
- Marked second relief outing of the season (4th career).
- Tallied first career scoreless relief appearance.
- Made second career relief outing in Big 12 play - both times has pitched at least 3.0 IP (3.0 IP vs. Baylor - May 17, 2013).
- Second longest relief outing during career (4.0 IP - vs. Lubbock Christian on April 14, 2013).
1B Eric Gutierrez (1-FOR-3, R, HR, RBI)
- Hit 5th home run of the season (12th career) on a 1-0 pitch to cut OSU's lead to 2-1 in the fifth inning.
- Marked the second time this season (5th career) to homer in back-to-back games... homered last game (3-run HR) against New Mexico in Midland, Texas.
- Has hit five home runs over the last 18 games (since March 8).
- Has a seven-game hit streak.
- Made 89th consecutive start on Friday... longest streak among active players.
- Has hit safely in 27-of-33 games this season... has hit safely in 38 of last 46 games dating back to last season (Apr. 27, 2013).
SS Tim Proudfoot (1-FOR-4)
- Has a five-game hit streak.
- Has hit safely in 8-of-9 starts this season.
- Tallied first infield base hit of the season (10th career).
LF Tyler Neslony (2-FOR-3)
- Only Red Raider with a multi-hit game, collecting his fourth of the season (7th career).
- Has hit safely in 7-of-8 starts this season.
- Has a five-game hit streak.