April 7, 2014
- Dropped to 24-11 overall and 5-7 in Big 12 play (4-5 road).
- Dropped to 3-2 in series finales of three-game series (2-2 in Big 12 play).
- Dropped to 5-5 in road games (7-7 in road/neutral site games)... Dropped to 18-7 in day games.
- Dropped to 8-6 against ranked opponents this season.
- Dropped all-time record to 1,525-1,208-8 (65th season).
- Dropped all-time road record to 424-651-3.
- Dropped all-time Big 12 record to 230-237-2.
- Had streak of 32 consecutive innings without committing an error snapped.
- Has 16 consecutive games played committing one or fewer errors... leads the Big 12 with a .982 fielding percentage.
- Pitching staff has held its opponent scoreless in 74 percent of its innings pitched this season (231 scoreless innings - 313 innings pitched).
TEXAS TECH - UNDER HEAD COACH Tim Tadlock (2nd Season)
- 50-41 overall
- 11-21 in road games
- 14-22 in Big 12 games
- 8-12 on the road in Big 12 games
- 13-15 against ranked opponents
- 9-14 against ranked opponents - No. 11-35
- 30-20 in day games
- 13-20 vs. left-handed starting pitchers
- 25-15 in 5+ run games
- 35-10 when scoring first
- 44-6 when leading after six innings
- 3-33 when trailing after seven innings
- 2-31 when trailing after eight innings
- 6-13 in April
- 2-4 against Oklahoma State
- 485-168 overall record in 11 years as a collegiate head coach (junior college and NCAA D-I) (Grayson County: 1997-2005; Texas Tech: 2013-Present)
OKLAHOMA STATE ALL-TIME SERIES
- With the loss, Texas Tech drops to 27-37 all-time against Oklahoma State... Tech drops to 12-21 against OSU in games played in Stillwater... dropped to 24-31 against OSU during the Big 12 era (since 1997)... Tech is now 8-10 in series against OSU during the Big 12 era... Tech has lost three straight series to the Cowboys and have dropped two straight in Stillwater... Tech falls to 7-11 all-time against OSU in Big 12 series finales (4-5 in Stillwater).
LHP Chris Sadberry (ND, 6.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 3 SO - 89 Pitches)
- Took the no decision leaving the game in the seventh inning with a 2-0 lead.
- Eighth straight start allowing two or fewer runs.
- Matched a season-low for hits allowed (3rd time).
- Has not allowed a walk in 6-of-8 starts this season.
- Lowered season ERA to 2.36.
RHP Ryan Moseley (L, 0.0 IP, 1 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 0 SO)
- Suffered first career loss.
- First time this season to not record an out.
- Allowed a season-high three runs (3 ER).
1B Eric Gutierrez (2-FOR-4, BB)
- Has a nine-game hit streak.
- Has reached base safely in 11 consecutive games.
- Recorded 11th multi-hit game of the season (23rd career).
- Made 91st consecutive start on Sunday... longest streak among active players.
- Has hit safely in 29-of-35 games this season... has hit safely in 40 of last 48 games dating back to last season (Apr. 27, 2013).
PH/RF Todd Ritchie (2-FOR-3, 4 R, 5 BB)
- Posted first multi-hit game of the season (6th career).
C Hunter Redman (2-FOR-4, 2B, 2 RBI)
- Drove in Tech's third and final run with a double off the left-center wall in the eighth inning.
- Tallied sixth multi-hit game.
- Season-high two RBI.
SS Tim Proudfoot (0-FOR-4)
- Had six-game hit streak snapped.
LF Tyler Neslony (3-FOR-5, R, 2 2B)
- Has a seven-game hit streak.
- Has hit safely in 9-of-10 starts this season.
- Had a career-high three hits.
- Matched a career-high two doubles... second time during his career to hit a pair of doubles in a game (at FIU, 2013).
- Tallied sixth multi-hit game this season (9th career).
- Has three consecutive multi-hit games for the first time in his career.
DH Adam Kirsch (1-FOR-3, RBI, IBB)
- Tallied his third go-ahead RBI of the season with an RBI single in the top of the first inning giving Tech a 1-0 lead.
- Received his second intentional walk of the season as he was walked intentionally in the third inning to load the bases.