April 14, 2014
Box Score |
- Improved to 28-11 overall... marks its best record through 39 games since 1999 (31-8).
- Improved to 8-7 in Big 12 play... marks its best record through 15 conference games since 2010 (8-7).
- Back-to-back years under Tim Tadlock the Red Raiders have won conference series against the defending Big 12 champion (2013, 2-of-3 over Baylor... 2014, sweep over K-State).
- Only six times (`99, `01, `04, `09, `13, `14) during the Big 12 era (since 1997) has Tech won a series against the defending Big 12 champion, has happened in back-to-back years under Tadlock.
- Earned its first Big 12 series sweep since 2011 (vs. Kansas).
- Swept Kansas State for the first time since 2004 (also in Lubbock).
- First time winning three straight games against K-State in the all-time series since 2008-09 (3).
- Currently ranks fourth in the Big 12 Conference standings behind Texas (9-3), Oklahoma State (8-4) and TCU (7-5).
- Improved to 21-4 at home... best record at home (through 25 games) since 1999 (24-1).
- Improved to 4-2 in series finales this season, including a 3-2 record in Game 3 during Big 12 series.
- Improved all-time record to 1,529-1,208-8 (65th season).
- Improved all-time home record to 996-469-5.
- Improved all-time Big 12 record to 233-237-2 (18th season).
- Improved to 28-4 when scoring at least two runs.
- Improved to 17-1 when out-hitting opponent.
- Improved to 24-0 when leading after seven innings.
- Improved to 18-2 when scoring first this season.
- Scored six runs in the first inning... second most runs scored in the first inning this season (7, vs. Abilene Christian, Apr. 8).
- Bullpen vs. K-State (3 game series): 3-0, 1.15 ERA, 1 save, 15.2 IP, 12 SO, 6 BB, .175 opp. BA.
- Bullpen this season: 16-3 with 10 saves.
- Currently leads the Big 12 in runs (249), hits (377), doubles (78), triples (16), RBI (223), wins vs. top-25 (8), home wins (21), conference road wins (4), fielding percentage (.980).
- Pitching staff has held its opponent scoreless in 74 percent of its innings pitched this season (250 scoreless innings - 340 innings pitched).
TEXAS TECH - UNDER HEAD COACH Tim Tadlock (2nd Season)
- 54-41 overall
- 40-14 in home games
- 17-22 in Big 12 games
- 9-9 in home Big 12 games
- 7-6 in Big 12 series finales
- 41-26 against unranked opponents
- 18-24 against Big 12 opponents (all games)
- 32-20 in day games
- 40-21 vs. right-handed starting pitchers
- 37-10 when scoring first
- 47-6 when leading after six innings
- 49-3 when leading after seven innings
- 48-1 when leading after eight innings
- 10-13 in April
- 3-4 against Kansas State
- 489-168 overall record in 11 years as a collegiate head coach (junior college and NCAA D-I) (Grayson County: 1997-2005; Texas Tech: 2013-Present)
KANSAS STATE ALL-TIME SERIES
- With the win, Texas Tech takes a 31-25-1 lead in the all-time series over K-State... Tech leads the series 18-8-1 in games played in Lubbock... Red Raiders have won four straight games over the Wildcats in Lubbock, dating back to 2012... swept K-State for the first time since 2004 (Lubbock)... Tech has won three straight games against K-State for the first time since 2008-09... Tech is now 8-8-1 against K-State in Big 12 series finales, including a 6-2-1 record against K-State in Lubbock in game three of Big 12 series... Red Raiders 11 runs scored are their most against K-State since 2010 (13).
LHP Dylan Dusek (ND, 4.0 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 2 SO - 64 Pitches)
- Made first career Big 12 start - marked 8th start of the season.
- Texas Tech is now 7-1 during his eight starts this season.
- Allowed a season-high four runs and two walks... allowed first home run of career.
LHP Jonny Drozd (W, 4.2 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 3 SO)
- Improved to 4-0 on the season while earning both a win and a save during the three-game series with K-State.
- Marked fourth win in relief this season (5th career).
- All four relief wins have come pitching at least three innings.
- Texas Tech is 13-3 during his 16 relief outings.
- Has allowed two or fewer base hits in 12-of-16 outings.
- Lowered career ERA to 2.85 (31 APP/107.1 IP)... ranks sixth in school history and fourth at Tech during the aluminum bat era (since 1974).
- CAREER IN RELIEF: 5-0, 1.31 ERA, 21 APP, 4 Saves, 55.0 IP, 49 H, 12 R, 8 ER, 13 BB, 37 SO.
- CAREER AT HOME: 6-2, 1.83 ERA, 17 APP, 2 Saves, 69.0 IP, 63 H, 16 R, 14 ER, 18 BB, 52 SO.
LF Tyler Neslony (1-FOR-5, R, 2B, RBI)
- Has reached base safely in 11 consecutive games.
- Recorded fifth go-ahead RBI of the season.
- Has eight runs scored during his last six games played.
- Has at least one extra-base hit in five of his last six games played.
- Has only four strikeouts in 59 at-bats this season.
2B Bryant Burleson (4-FOR-5, 2 R, 3 2B, 3 RBI)
- Has a six-game hit streak.
- Had a pair of two-out RBI.
- Matched a career-high four base hits (at FIU, 2013).
- Recorded a career-high three doubles - first Red Raider with three doubles in a game since 2010 (3 - Jeremy Mayo, at Kansas).
- Tallied 12th, 13th and 14 doubles of the season... has three consecutive seasons hitting at least 12 doubles... 14 doubles is a career-high four doubles in a season.
- Has 38 career doubles - needs five doubles to join Tech's career top-10 list.
- Tallied 12th multi-hit game of the season (36th career).
- Collected fifth multiple RBI game of the season (16th career).
- Recorded third game-winning RBI of the season (7th career)... has tallied the game-winning RBI in back-to-back games.
- Had one assists in the game... needs only two assists to become the fifth Red Raider since 2001 with 400 career assists.
RED RAIDERS - CAREER ASSISTS (SINCE 2001)
Joey Kenworthy - 526 (2007-10)
Gera Alvarez - 442 (2001-02)
Tim Proudfoot - 411 (2012-14)
Willie Rueda - 404 (2006-09)
Bryant Burleson - 398 (2012-14)
SS Tim Proudfoot (2-FOR-3, 2 R, 2 RBI, BB)
- Has hit safely in 12-of-15 starts this season.
- Posted sixth multi-hit game this season (21st career).
- Collected second multiple RBI game of the game (16th career).
1B Eric Gutierrez (2-FOR-3, 2B, 2 RBI)
- Has a 13-game hit streak.
- Has reached base safely in 15 consecutive games.
- Posted 14th multi-hit game, which leads the team.
- Tied for the team lead (Kirsch) with eight multiple RBI games.
- Has 11 extra-base hits during last 18 games played.
- Made 95th consecutive start on Saturday... longest streak among active players.
- Has hit safely in 33-of-39 games this season... has hit safely in 44 of last 52 games dating back to last season (Apr. 27, 2013).
- Was hit-by-pitch for the 12th time this season (32nd career).
3B Jake Barrios (2-FOR-4, 2 R, BB)
- Batting .400 (10-for-25) in seven career games against K-State.
- Recorded 11th multi-hit game of the season (27th career).
- Has a four-game hit streak.
RF Stephen Smith (2-FOR-4, 2 R)
- Has hit safely in 8 of his last 10 and 12 of his last 16 games.
- Tallied fifth multi-hit game of the season.
- Has a five-game hit streak.
- Has reached base safely in 10 consecutive games.
DH Ryan Long (1-FOR-4, R, 2 RBI)
- Tallied fourth multiple RBI game.