April 21, 2010
Final Stats |
- Texas Tech now stands at 22-19 on the season after a midweek sweep of Alabama A&M.
- Texas Tech has now won four consecutive games for the first time since starting out the season at 5-0.
- Today's game against Alabama A&M marked the second all-time meeting between the two clubs and the Red Raiders now lead the series 2-0.
- Texas Tech pitched its first shutout since dealing No. 10 Kansas State a 6-0 defeat on May 8, 2009 in Manhattan. The shutout dropped Tech's earned run average to 6.34.
- Texas Tech played error free for the fourth consecutive game which marks a new season high. Tech's fielding percentage has risen from .964 to .967.
- Junior RHP Chad Bettis earned his 14th career save this afternoon after logging just one pitch to Steven Wimpeye with two outs in the top of the ninth. Bettis is now tied with Brad Ralston who earned 14 saves between 1996 and 1999.
- Freshman first baseman Barrett Barnes had his 13-game hit streak snapped this afternoon as he went 0-for-3 with an intentional walk. Michael Reed also saw his eight-game hit streak come to a halt as he went 0-for-4.