Postgame Notes: Texas Tech vs. TCU|
April 25, 2007
* Chris Richburg gave Tech a 4-0 lead in the top of the third when he blasted his second home run of the season. Richburg's first dinger of the season came last Sunday in the series finale against Kansas.
* Sophomore right fielder Roger Kieschnick is now just seven doubles away from tying the Texas Tech single season record of 29 set by Jason Landreth back in 1997. He is currently tied for seventh place with Josh Bard (1998), Dion Ruecker (1996) and Mark Mirchna (1984).
* Matt Smith's home run in the top of the fifth was his first to opposite field (right field) this season.
* Josh Scofield suffered a no-decision tonight despite leaving the game with a four-run lead in the bottom of the seventh. Scofield gave up just three runs over six innings and struckout two.
* The game went into a 21-minute delay in the bottom of the
seventh after the stadium lights abruptly turned off. Stadium officials were able to get the lights turned back on and the game resumed at 9:14 p.m.