April 26, 2014
Box Score |
- Improved to 33-13 overall and to 9-7 in Big 12 play.
- Only three teams in the nation have more wins than Texas Tech's 33 wins: UL-Lafayette (38), Virginia (36) and Cal Poly (36).
- Marks its first time with nine wins through 16 Big 12 games since 2004 (10-6).
- Matches its most wins in a season since 2011 (33).
- Marks its best overall record through 46 games since 1999 (35-11)... tied for the fifth best record in school history through 46 games.
- Has won nine of its last 11 games.
- Earned its second straight Big 12 series-opening win (K-State)... Tech is 4-4 this season in series openers with a 2-4 record in Big 12 play.
- Improved to 26-4 at home this season... best record at home through 30 games since 1999 (27-3).
- Marks its most wins at home since 2004 (26-10).
- Has won nine straight home games.
- Had its eighth pitcher record a save this season - that total leads the country.
- Improved to 10-5 against left-handed starting pitchers this season.
- Improved to 9-4 in games following a loss this season.
- Improved to 7-6 in televised games this season... Tech is now 6-4 in games played on a FOX platform this season.
- Scored four runs in the first inning... marked its most runs scored in the first inning since scoring six against K-State (4/13).
- Has scored four or more runs in the first inning for the sixth time this season.
- Scored in five consecutive innings to start the game... recently scored in eight straight innings between two games (Apr. 18-19).
- Has double-figure base hits in seven of the last 13 games.
- Received its seventh intentional walk of the season (Neslony).
- Improved all-time record to 1,534-1,210-8 (65th season).
- Improved all-time home record to 1,001-469-5.
- Improved all-time Big 12 record to 234-237-2 (18th season).
- Improved to 33-5 when scoring at least two runs.
- Improved to 30-7 when holding opponents to five or fewer runs.
- Improved to 28-1 when leading after six innings.
- Improved to 20-2 when out-hitting its opponent.
- Bullpen this season: 19-4, 12 saves, 3.31 ERA, 206.2 innings, 194 hits, 76 earned runs, 163 strikeouts, .253 opponent batting average.
- Pitching staff has held its opponent scoreless in 74 percent of its innings pitched this season (297 scoreless innings - 399 innings pitched).
TEXAS TECH - UNDER HEAD COACH Tim Tadlock (2nd Season)
- 59-43 overall
- 45-14 in home games
- 18-22 in Big 12 games
- 10-9 in home Big 12 games
- 5-9 in Big 12 series openers
- 46-26 against unranked opponents
- 25-22 in night games
- 15-20 vs. left-handed starting pitchers
- 19-32 when opponent scores first
- 51-6 when leading after six innings
- 53-3 when leading after seven innings
- 52-1 when leading after eight innings
- 15-15 in April
- 2-3 against Oklahoma
- 494-170 overall record in 11 years as a collegiate head coach (junior college and NCAA D-I) (Grayson County: 1997-2005; Texas Tech: 2013-Present)
OKLAHOMA ALL-TIME SERIES
- With the win, Texas Tech improves to 29-41-1 all-time against Oklahoma while Tech now leads 15-12 in games played in Lubbock... has defeated OU in back-to-back series openers in Lubbock (2012, W, 6-1)... improved to 5-13 in Big 12 series openers against OU with a 3-6 record in openers against the Sooners in Lubbock... scored nine runs in the game, which marked its most runs scored against OU since 2004 (W, 14-4).
RHP Ryan Moseley (ND, 1.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 0 SO - 26 Pitches)
- Made second start of the season in back-to-back weeks.
- Made first career start in Big 12 play.
- Earned first no decision as a starter.
LHP Jonny Drozd (W, 5.0 IP, 9 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 4 SO)
- Earned the win to improve to 5-0 on the season (9-5 during career).
- Has thrown at least three innings in relief during all five wins this season.
- Matched a season-high four strikeouts (3rd time).
- Texas Tech is 14-4 during Drozd's 18 outings this season.
- CAREER ERA: 2.97 (33 appearances/115.1 innings/38 earned runs).
- CAREER IN RELIEF: 6-0, 1.29 ERA, 24 APP, 4 Saves, 63.0 IP, 58 H, 16 R, 12 ER, 14 BB, 41 SO.
- CAREER AT HOME: 7-2, 2.07 ERA, 18 APP, 2 Saves, 74.0 IP, 72 H, 19 R, 17 ER, 18 BB, 56 SO.
RHP Corey Taylor (S, 3.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 SO)
- Earned first save of the season (1st career).
- Retired 9-of-10 batters faced.
- Red Raiders are 13-2 during his 15 outings this season.
- Has thrown three or more innings in
- Pitched at least two innings during all four wins this season.
RF Stephen Smith (1-FOR-3, 2 R, RBI, 2 BB)
- LAST 12 GAMES (since Apr. 4): .400 (16-for-40), 12 runs, 7 doubles, 6 RBI, 12 walks.
- Has an 11-game hit streak.
- Has hit safely in 14 of his last 16 and in 18 of his last 22 games overall.
- Has reached base safely in 16 consecutive games.
- Has reached base safely in 29-of-33 starts this season.
LF Tyler Neslony (2-FOR-4, 2 R, HR, RBI, BB)
- Hit third home run of the season - solo HR - on a 2-2 pitch with two outs in the second giving Tech a 5-2 lead.
- Has reached base safely in 18 consecutive games.
- Posted 10th multi-hit game of the season (13th career).
- Has hit safely in 20-of-23 starts this season.
- Has a six-game hit streak.
- Received second intentional walk this season.
- Has only six strikeouts in 95 plate appearances (82 AB) this season).
1B Eric Gutierrez (2-FOR-4, R, 3 RBI, IBB, SAC FLY)
- Made 102nd consecutive start on Friday... longest streak among active players.
- Notched team-leading 16th multi-hit game this season (28th career).
- Recorded 11th multi-hit game this season (18th career).
- Has reached base safely in 40-of-46 games this season.
- Has hit safely in 37-of-46 games this season... has hit safely in 45 of last 59 games dating back to last season (Apr. 27, 2013).
3B Jake Barrios (2-FOR-5, R, RBI, IBB)
- Has reached base safely in 11 consecutive games.
- Recorded 13th multi-hit game of the season (29th career).
CF Devon Conley (3-FOR-5, R)
- Recorded third multi-hit game of the season - first since Mar. 9... Now has 23 career multi-hit games.
- Three hits marked a season-high.
- Posted third bunt base hit of the season (8th career).
- Notched third infield hit of the season (17th career).
SS Tim Proudfoot (2-FOR-3, 2B, RBI, BB)
- Earlier today was named to the Brooks Wallace Shortstop of the Year Award Watch List... 1-of-35 shortstops in the country named to the list... second time during his career (2012).
- Posted eighth multi-hit game this season (23rd career).
- Has hits safely in 16-of-22 starts this season.