Game Notes: Texas Tech vs. Missouri|
April 29, 2007
* Sophomore right fielder Roger Kieschnick extended his current hit streak to eight games when he laced a single to right field on the first offering from Stephan Holst in the first inning.
* Missouri now leads the all-time series against Texas Tech 20-17 and has won four-straight in the series.
* Texas Tech is now riding a season-long four game losing streak.
* The series sweep by Missouri is the second of the year suffered by Texas Tech as the Big 12 leading Texas Longhorns won all three against the Red Raiders earlier this month. The last time Tech was swept twice in the same season in back-to-back years dates back to the 1989 and 1990 seasons. Tech was swept twice last season (2006) against Oklahoma and Oklahoma State.
* The Red Raiders played error free today for the fifth straight game. The last time Tech played error free for five straight games was five years ago when Tech went through a five-games stretch April 19-27.
* Today's game was televised by FSN and the Red Raiders dropped to
3-2 in televised game this season (only other loss was at home against Texas A&M).