April 30, 2010
Final Stats |
- Texas Tech now stands at 24-22 on the season and 10-9 in Big 12 play. The Red Raiders have now lost two straight games.
- Tonight's game marked the 45th all-time meeting between Texas Tech and Missouri. The Tigers now own a 25-20 all-time lead in the series.
- Texas Tech played its first extra inning game of the season and its first since a 12-inning loss at Texas A&M (6-5) on March 14, 2008.
- Texas Tech stranded 13 runners on base tonight which matched it season high. Tech previously stranded 13 base runners in a 17-5 loss to No. 8 Texas on March 28.
- Texas Tech has now lost four consecutive Big 12 series openers dating back to the Oklahoma State game on April 9.
- Texas Tech lost only its third game of the year when outhitting the opponent. Tech came into tonight's game with a 21-2 record when compiling more hits.
- Texas Tech totaled three doubles on the night to push its nation-leading total to 136.
- Texas Tech head coach Dan Spencer now has a career record of 49-54 and a 22-24 mark in Big 12 play.
- Scott LeJeune and Nick Popescu each extended their current hit streaks to nine games as LeJeune went 3-for-6 while Popescu went 4-for-6.
- Freshman first baseman Barrett Barnes hit his 10th home run of the season with one out in the bottom of the fourth.
- Junior RHP Chad Bettis suffered his first loss since the final game of the Texas series on March 28.
- Sophomore LHP Ben Flora made his first career Big 12 start tonight and record 2 2/3 innings of work. He allowed four runs on four hits and two walks.