May 1, 2010
Final Stats |
- Texas Tech now stands at 25-22 on the season and at 11-9 in Big 12 Conference play.
- Today's win over Missouri snapped a two-game losing skid.
- With its 25th win of the season, Texas Tech ties its entire win total from last season as the Red Raiders ended 2009 with a 25-32 record.
- Today's game marked the 46th all-time meeting between Texas Tech and Missouri.
- The Tigers lead the all-time series 25-21 but the Red Raiders are 13-7 against the Tigers in Lubbock.
- Texas Tech played error free today for the seventh time in the last 10 games.
- Texas Tech has now won the second game of five consecutive Big 12 Conference series dating back to a 13-4 win over Kansas State on April 2.
- Texas Tech head coach Dan Spencer now owns a career record of 50-54 and a 23-24 mark in Big 12 play.
- Junior RHP Bobby Doran struckout 16 batters in today's win over Missouri and that total fell just two shy of the school record of 18 that is owned by Monty Ward and Buddy Hampton. The 16 strikeouts are the most in a single game by a Tech pitcher since Miles Morgan fanned 15 Texas batters back on March 18, 2006.
- With three at-bats in today's game, senior center fielder Taylor Ashby moved into second place on the school's career at-bats list with 752. He surpassed Randy DuRoss who tallied 751 at-bats between 1992 and 1995.
- Sophomore designated hitter Scott LeJeune extended his hit streak to nine games by going 2-for-4. The multiple-hit game was his team-leading 19th of the season.
- Freshman first baseman Barrett Barnes belted his 11th home run of the season in the bottom half of the fifth inning to give Tech a 4-2 lead. His 11 home runs ranks tied for second in the Big 12 with Nebraska's Adam Bailey.