May 3, 2014
- Dropped to 36-14 overall and to 11-8 in Big 12 play.
- Dropped to 6-7 on the road this season... dropped to 8-10 in games away from home (including neutral site games).
- Had four game win streak snapped.
- Dropped to 2-5 in Big 12 series openers.
- Dropped all-time record to 1,537-1,211-8 (65th season).
- Dropped all-time road record to 425-653-3.
- Dropped all-time Big 12 record to 236-238-2 (18th season).
- TEXAS TECH 2-5 HITTERS (Burleson, Neslony, Gutierrez, Kirsch) combined batted .313 with 3 runs, double, home run, 3 RBI.
- Allowed 11 runs - 8 of which reached base via walk or hit-by-pitch.
- Marked only the third time this season to lose when out-hitting opponent... Tech is now 22-3 when out-hitting its opponent.
- Marked only the third time this season to lose when a Red Raider hit a home run... Tech is now 16-3 when a Red Raider hits a home run.
- Allowed a season-high eight walks... previous high was six (four times).
- Turned one double play... has turned at least one double play in five straight games... has turned 12 double plays during last five games... Leads Big 12 with 54 double plays turned this season.
TEXAS TECH - UNDER HEAD COACH Tim Tadlock (2nd Season)
- 62-44 overall
- 12-23 in road games
- 20-23 in Big 12 games
- 8-14 in road Big 12 games
- 5-10 in Big 12 series openers
- 49-27 against unranked opponents
- 26-23 in night games
- 46-24 vs. right-handed starting pitchers
- 30-16 in 5+ run games
- 21-33 when opponent scores first
- 5-33 when trailing after six innings
- 4-35 when trailing after seven innings
- 3-34 when trailing after eight innings
- 5-7 in May
- 1-3 against Kansas
- 497-171 overall record in 11 years as a collegiate head coach (junior college and NCAA D-I) (Grayson County: 1997-2005; Texas Tech: 2013-Present)
KANSAS ALL-TIME SERIES
- With the loss, Texas Tech falls to 33-21 all-time against Kansas while Tech now leads 13-12 in games against KU in Lawrence... Kansas has now won five of the last six overall meetings, including three straight in Lawrence... 11 runs allowed by Tech marked its most to Kansas since 2009 (L, 15-6 - Lubbock)... marked its most runs allowed to the Jayhawks in Lawrence since 2002 (L, 14-3)... Tech is now 11-7 against Kansas in Big 12 series openers with a 4-5 record in openers in Lawrence.
RHP Ryan Moseley (L, 5.0 IP, 3 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 5 BB, 7 SO - 50 Pitches)
- Suffered second loss of the season during first career road start.
- Struck out a season-high seven batters.
- Allowed season-highs in runs (6), earned runs (6) and walks (5).
- Threw a season-high 105 pitches.
LF Tyler Neslony (2-FOR-4, 2B)
- ON THE ROAD (6 Games): .462 (12-for-26), 3 runs, 4 doubles, 1 triple, .481 OB%, .692 SLG%... has a multi-hit game in 5-of-6 road games this season.
- Has reached base safely in 22 consecutive games (longest active streak among Red Raiders).
- Has a 10-game hit streak (.444, 16-for-36, 8 runs, 4 doubles, 1 triple, 2 home runs, 6 RBI, 6 walks, .535 OB%, .778 SLG).
- Has hit safely in 25-of-28 starts this season.
- Posted 14th multi-hit game of the season (17th career).
- Has only seven strikeouts in 113 plate appearances (98 AB) this season.
DH Adam Kirsch (1-FOR-4, R, HR, 2 RBI)
- Hit seventh home run of the season with two-run homer in the fourth inning to cut Kansas' lead to a run, 3-2.
- Has hit 5 home runs over the last 17 games.
- Has hit safely in 8 of the last 9 games.
- Has 11 multiple RBI games this season.
- Has 7 RBI over the last 3 games.
- Collected 10th and 11th two-out RBI of the season with 2-run HR.
PH Ryan Long (1-FOR-1, PINCH HIT SINGLE)
- Pinch hit in the eighth inning and singled through the left side.
- Marked first career pinch hit base hit... is now 1-for-5 this season in pinch-hit at-bats.
C Hunter Redman (1-FOR-2)
- Batting .327 (17-for-52)... leads the team in batting among all players with at least 50 at-bats in league play.
- Has hit safely in 11-of-17 Big 12 games played.
<1B Eric Gutierrez (0-FOR-4, R, RBI)
- Made 106th consecutive start on Friday... longest streak among active players.
RF Stephen Smith (0-FOR-4)
- Had streak of reaching base safely in 19 consecutive game snapped.
- Has reached base safely in 32-of-37 starts this season.