May 3, 2014
- Dropped to 36-15 overall and to 11-9 in Big 12 play.
- Dropped to 6-8 on the road this season... dropped to 8-11 in games away from home (including neutral site games).
- Dropped to 7-4 in weekend series this season... dropped to 3-4 in Big 12 series this season.
- Dropped third straight Big 12 series to Kansas (2012-14).
- Dropped all-time record to 1,537-1,212-8 (65th season).
- Dropped all-time road record to 425-654-3.
- Dropped all-time Big 12 record to 236-239-2 (18th season).
- Has not held a lead during the three-game series.
- Marked only the fourth time this season to lose when out-hitting opponent... Tech is now 22-4 when out-hitting its opponent.
- Turned one double play... has turned at least one double play in six straight games... has turned 13 double plays during last six games... Leads Big 12 with 55 double plays turned this season.
TEXAS TECH - UNDER HEAD COACH Tim Tadlock (2nd Season)
- 62-45 overall
- 12-24 in road games
- 20-24 in Big 12 games
- 8-15 in road Big 12 games
- 7-8 in Big 12 series middle games
- 49-28 against unranked opponents
- 36-22 in day games
- 46-25 vs. right-handed starting pitchers
- 5-5 in 2-run games
- 21-34 when opponent scores first
- 5-34 when trailing after six innings
- 4-36 when trailing after seven innings
- 3-35 when trailing after eight innings
- 5-8 in May
- 1-4 against Kansas
- 497-172 overall record in 11 years as a collegiate head coach (junior college and NCAA D-I) (Grayson County: 1997-2005; Texas Tech: 2013-Present)
KANSAS ALL-TIME SERIES
- With the loss, Texas Tech falls to 33-22 all-time against Kansas while Tech and KU are 13-13 in games played in Lawrence... the Jayhawks have now won three straight series over the Red Raiders (2012-14)... Kansas has won six of the last seven overall meetings, including four straight in Lawrence... Tech is now 11-6 against Kansas in Big 12 series middle games with a 4-6 record in middle games played in Lawrence.
LHP Chris Sadberry (L, 3.2 IP, 6 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 3 BB, 2 SO - 79 Pitches)
- Suffered second loss of the season during 12th start of the season... marked second shortest start of the year (3.1 IP vs. Oral Roberts - 2/23).
- Allowed a season-high five runs and five earned runs.
RHP Dominic Moreno (4.1 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 SO)
- Marked longest relief outing of career... previous career-long relief outing was 4.0 IP vs. Lubbock Christian (4/14/13).
- Has pitched 10 consecutive innings without allowing an earned run... hasn't allowed an earned run in five of last six outings.
- Has struck out 18 batters during last five relief outings (13.2 IP).
- RELIEF THIS SEASON: 3-0, 1.35 ERA, 9 appearances, 1 save, 20.0 innings, 17 hits, 3 earned runs, 4 walks, 24 strikeouts, .239 opponent batting average.
- RELIEF (CAREER): 3-0, 1.93 ERA, 11 appearances, 1 save, 28.0 innings, 22 hits, 6 earned runs, 6 walks, 35 strikeouts.
LF Tyler Neslony (1-FOR-5, RBI)
- ON THE ROAD (7 Games): .419 (13-for-31), 3 runs, 4 doubles, 1 triple, .438 OB%, .613 SLG%... has a multi-hit game in 5-of-7 road games this season.
- Has reached base safely in 23 consecutive games (longest active streak among Red Raiders)... longest streak by a Red Raider since 2013 (Jake Barrios - 25 straight).
- Has an 11-game hit streak (.415, 17-for-41, 8 runs, 4 doubles, 1 triple, 2 home runs, 7 RBI, 6 walks, .500 OB%, .707 SLG).
- Has hit safely in 26-of-29 starts this season.
- Has only seven strikeouts in 118 plate appearances (103 AB) this season.
- Snapped streak of five consecutive games with multiple hits... marked just the fifth time since 2009 a Red Raider had five straight multi-hit games (Nick Popescu, 7 - 2010... Jamodrick McGruder, 6 - 2012... Tyler Neslony, 5 - 2014... Jamodrick McGruder, 5 - 2012... Scott LeJeune, 5 - 2009).
2B Bryant Burleson (3-FOR-5, R, RBI)
- Batting .556 (5-for-9) during Kansas series with two runs and an RBI.
- Posted 15th multi-hit game this season (39th career)... tallied fifth game this season with three or more hits.
- Has hit safely in 11-of-14 road games this season... has six hits during last three road contests.
- Batting .429 (6-for-14) with runners in scoring position during road games this season.
RF Adam Kirsch (1-FOR-4, RBI)
- Has hit safely in 9 of the last 10 games.
- Has 8 RBI over the last 4 games.
1B Eric Gutierrez (2-FOR-5)
- Made 107th consecutive start on Saturday... longest streak among active players.
- Leads team with 19 multi-hit games this season (31 career).
- Has reached base safely in 44-of-51 games this season.
- Has hit safely in 40-of-51 games this season... has hit safely in 48 of last 64 games dating back to last season (Apr. 27, 2013).
CF Stephen Smith (2-FOR-4, SAC BUNT)
- Has reached base safely in 33-of-38 starts this season.
- Recorded ninth multi-hit game of the season.
3B Matt Broadbent (2-FOR-4, R, 2B)
- Notched fourth multi-hit game of the season... first multiple hit game since Mar. 8 (vs. New Mexico State).
SS Tim Proudfoot (2-FOR-4, R)
- Posted 10th multi-hit game of the season (25th career)... first multi-hit game on the road this season.