May 16, 2010
Final Stats |
- Texas Tech now stands at 27-24 overall and 13-11 in Big 12 Conference play.
- Today's game marked the 142nd all-time meeting between Texas Tech and Baylor. Despite today's loss, the Red Raiders hold a 74-68 lead in the all-time series.
- Baylor claimed its first series win at Dan Law Field today since the 1998 season. The Bears won the first game of a doubleheader on Saturday and then clinched the series with a 16-5 win today.
- The series loss to Baylor snapped a string of five consecutive Big 12 series wins for the Red Raiders dating back to the Kansas State series.
- Junior right-hander Chad Bettis and junior left-hander Jay Johnson were ejected in the sixth inning.
- Sophomore designated hitter Scott LeJeune extended his hit streak to 14 games with an RBI single in the third inning. The 14-game streak is the longest by any Tech player this season.