May 29, 2010
Final Stats |
- Texas Tech now stands at 28-29 overall and ends play in the Big 12 Championship with a 1-2 record.
- Texas Tech is now 14-22 all-time in the Big 12 Championships.
- Texas Tech head coach Dan Spencer is now 53-61 in his two-year career as the skipper of the Red Raiders.
- For the seventh straight appearance at the Big 12 Championships, Texas Tech has not won more than one game. The last time Tech recorded more than one win in championship play was in 1998 when Tech went on to defeat Texas A&M, 14-7, for their only Big 12 Championship title in school history.
- Sophomore designated hitter Scott LeJeune, the conference's leader in doubles, recorded his 28th of the season to lead off the sixth inning. LeJeune ends the season one double shy of tying Jason Landreth for the Red Raider single-season record of 29. He finished the game today going 1-for-4 with one run scored.
- Junior Bobby Doran worked his longest relief appearance in today's game as he went 5 1/3 innings. He was tagged with the loss after surrendering five runs, one earned, on six hits while tying his career high for walks with three.
- Junior third baseman Nick Popescu stole a career-high two bases as he also led the Tech offense as the only Red Raider to record multiple hits. He finished the game 2-for-4 with one run scored.
- In his seven starts this season, junior Jay Johnson saw his shortest outing of the season as he only went 1 1/3 innings before being replaced by right-hander Bobby Doran. Johnson gave up two earned runs and walked four batters while tying his career-high for hit batters with two.