June 8, 2014
Box Score |
- Improved to 44-19 overall and to 32-4 at home this season.
- Marks its most wins in a single-season since 1998 (44-20).
- Won its 15th straight home game - marks longest active home winning streak in the nation.
- Tied for second in Big 12 history for the biggest turnaround season in league history with +18 wins from last season... Only team (season) with more: 2001-02 Texas (+21 - 36 wins, 57 wins).
- Broke school record for shutouts in a season with eight... Previous record was seven in 1990... had four shutouts during the opening 43 games - have four shutouts during the last eight.
- Tallied a shutout in three of the last four games and during four of the team's last five wins.
- Posted back-to-back shutouts... first time with back-to-back shutouts this season and the first time since last season (vs. Utah Valley, 6-0... at Texas, 1-0).
- Improved to 11-10 against ranked opponents.
- Improved to 14-9 in televised games this season... today marked Tech's first time playing on ESPNU this season.
- Improved all-time record to 1,545-1,216-8 (65th season)... Improved all-time home record to 1,007-469-5.
- Has held its opponent to 2 or fewer runs in 28 games (24-4)... this total (28) is a new school record for times holding opponent to 2 or more runs in a game during a season.
TEXAS TECH NCAA TOURNAMENT NOTES
- Is playing in its first-ever NCAA Super Regional.
- Improved to 19-19 all-time in the NCAA Tournament (10th appearance - 1st Super Regional).
- Pitchers have 18 consecutive scoreless innings (back-to-back shutouts) with 42 scoreless innings in 46 innings pitched this NCAA Tournament.
- Pitching staff has a 0.78 ERA (46.0 IP/4 ER) in the NCAA Tournament.
- Pitching staff has three shutouts in five NCAA Tournament games this postseason.
- Improved to 7-15 all-time in the NCAA Tournament against ranked opponents.
- Improved to 11-9 as a 2-seed in the NCAA Tournament... this season marks the fifth time Tech has been a No. 2 seed in a regional (has been a 2-seed more often than any other seed).
- Improved to 7-10 playing in NCAA Tournament games in the state of Texas.
- Second-year head coach Tim Tadlock is 4-1 in NCAA Tournament games... becomes the first head coach in school history to lead the Red Raiders to an NCAA Regional Tournament title.
PAID ATTENDANCE: 4,811 - RIP GRIFFIN PARK STADIUM RECORD - 11TH ALL-TIME IN TECH HISTORY
- Saturday's paid attendance was 4,811 - setting a new Rip Griffin Park record (since 2012 renovation) and a total that ranks 11th all-time in Texas Tech home game history. It marks the most fans at a Texas Tech baseball home game since 2000 (vs. Texas - 5,124)... The all-time Texas Tech home attendance record is 5,814 vs. USC in 1996 - also an NCAA Tournament game.
TEXAS TECH - UNDER HEAD COACH Tim Tadlock (2nd Season)
- 70-49 overall
- 51-14 in home games
- 4-1 in NCAA Tournament games
- 47-24 in non-conference games
- 36-5 in home non-conference games
- 16-19 against ranked opponents
- 10-17 against ranked opponents (No. 11-35)
- 41-24 in day games
- 50-28 vs. right-handed starting pitchers
- 15-16 in 1-run games
- 13-8 in shutouts
- 46-13 when scoring first
- 57-8 when leading after six innings
- 61-5 when leading after seven innings
- 58-2 when leading after eight innings
- 2-1 in June
- 1-0 against College of Charleston.
- 505-174 overall record in 11 years as a collegiate head coach (junior college and NCAA D-I) (Grayson County: 1997-2005; Texas Tech: 2013-Present)
COLLEGE OF CHARLESTON ALL-TIME SERIES
- Today marked the first all-time meeting between Tech and College of Charleston... today marked the first-ever matchup between Tech and an opponent from the Colonial Athletic Association.
LHP Chris Sadberry (W, 8.0 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 8 SO - 100 Pitches)
- Improved to 5-3 this season - picked up first win since Apr. 26 (vs. Oklahoma - 7.1 IP, 4 ER).
- Threw a season-high eight innings... previous high was 7.1 innings vs. Oklahoma (4/26).
- Struck out a season-high eight batters... previous high was six vs. Oklahoma (5/22) in Oklahoma City.
- Texas Tech is now 11-5 during his 16 starts.
- Became the first Red Raider to make 16 starts in a season since 2006 (Miles Morgan, 17).
- Hasn't allowed a walk in 8-of-16 starts.
- Allowed 2 or fewer runs in 12-of-16 starts.
- Marked his first scoreless start of the season.
- Has pitched at least 5.0 innings in 13-of-16 starts.
RF Stephen Smith (2-FOR-4, R)
- Scored Tech's only run of the game and was the only Red Raider with a multi-hit game.
- Posted 12th multi-hit game of the season.
LF Tyler Neslony (1-FOR-3, 3B, RBI)
- Drove in the game's only run with an RBI triple to right-center field.
- Marked his seventh go-ahead RBI this season.
- Tallied his fourth game-winning RBI of the season.
1B Eric Gutierrez (0-FOR-2, BB)
- Made 119th consecutive start on Saturday... longest streak among active players.
- Has reached base safely in 54-of-63 games this season.