Final Stats |
Jan. 7, 2012
- Today’s starters were Javarez Willis, Ty Nurse, Terran Petteway, Jaye Crockett and Robert Lewandowski. It is the first time this year that this starting lineup has been used. It is the eighth different starting lineup used this season by the Red Raiders.
- Today’s attendance is 8,247. For the season, the Red Raiders are averaging 9,042 fans a game. Last season, Texas Tech averaged 8,153 fans a game.
- Today’s game is the 123rd meeting between Texas Tech and Baylor. It is the 58th meeting in Lubbock, with Texas Tech holding a 41-17 advantage. The Red Raiders hold the overall series advantage, 76-47.
- Texas Tech is now 8-8 in Big 12 Conference home openers since joining the league in 1996.
- The Red Raiders were out-shot from the field for only the second time this season.
- The loss drops the Red Raiders to 6-1 at the United Spirit Arena and to 7-7 (0-2 Big 12) on the season.
- Jordan Tolbert’s streak of double-digit performances ends at seven games. He finished with nine points off the bench.
- Javarez Willis posted his fourth straight double-digit scoring effort with a team-best 13 points. He has eight double-digit scoring performances this season. He had just three as a freshman last season.
- DeShon Minnis has five assists for the second time this season. He also dished out five assists against Cal State-Bakersfield. For the season, Minnis is averaging 1.7 assists a game.