Recap | Final Stats | Quotes | Photo Gallery
Jan. 11, 2012
- Today's starters are Terran Petteway, Ty Nurse, Javarez Willis, Robert Lewandowski and Jordan Tolbert. This is the second time this season this lineup has been used and one of eight different starting lineups used this season.
- Today's attendance is 7,454. For the season, the Red Raiders are averaging 8,843 fans a game. Last season, Texas Tech averaged 8,153 fans a game.
- Today's game is the 25th meeting between Texas Tech and Kansas. Kansas leads the all-time series 21-4. Kansas holds a 8-4 edge in games played in Lubbock.
- Texas Tech recorded its worst shooting performance of the season against Kansas. The Red Raiders hit just 31 percent against the Jayhawks.
- Texas Tech extended its streak of consecutive games with a 3-pointer to 30, when Luke Adams hit a trey with 3:21 to play in the game. Prior to that shot, Texas Tech had been 0-of-9 from 3-point range. The last time The Red Raiders did not connect from the 3-point line was against Texas (0-11) one year ago today, Jan. 11, 2011.
- Javarez Willis led the Red Raiders in scoring for the fourth time this season. The sophomore leads the team in scoring in Big 12 games at over 12 points an outing.