DeShon Minnis recorded his fifth career start against Kansas State.
Jan. 25, 2012
Recap | Box Score | Quotes | Photo Gallery
- Texas Tech starters against Kansas State are DeShon Minnis, Javarez Willis, Kevin Wagner, Robert Lewandowski and Jordan Tolbert. This is the 10th different starting lineup used by the Red Raiders this season.
- Tonight's attendance was 7,941. For the season, the Red Raiders are averaging 8,706 fans a game. Last season, the Red Raiders averaged 8,513 fans a game.
- This is the 27th meeting between Texas Tech and Kansas State. Kansas State leads the all-time series 17-10. Texas Tech leads the series in Lubbock, 7-5.
- Robert Lewandowski recorded three blocks against Kansas State on Wednesday to give him 93 career blocks. He needs seven more to move into a tie for sixth all-time at Texas Tech with former Red Raider Andy Ellis (1999-02).
- Jordan Tolbert recorded his 10th double-digit scoring effort of the season, after recording 18 points on 6-of-8 shooting and 6-of-8 from the line. He also finished with eight rebounds. It is his 14th game this season with at least five rebounds in a game.
- Kevin Wagner had a career-best 16 points against Kansas State in his fourth career start. Wagner entered the game having scored 22 points all season. He also added two rebounds, four assists and two steals.
- For the fourth time this season, 11 Red Raiders saw action in the game.
- The Red Raiders fall to 0-7 in Big 12 Conference play for the first time since 1999-00.