Final Stats |
AP Photo Gallery |
Texas Tech Photo Gallery
Javarez Willis netted a career-high 21 points against Oklahoma on Saturday.
Feb. 11, 2012
- The starting lineup for today’s game are Ty Nurse, Javarez Willis, Luke Adams, Robert Lewandowski and Jordan Tolbert. This is the second time this season the Red Raiders have used this starting lineup. It is one of 12 different starting lineups used this year.
- Tonight’s attendance is 9,386. For the season, Texas Tech is averaging 8,654 fans per game.
- This is the 50th meeting between Oklahoma and Texas Tech. Oklahoma leads the all-time series, 31-19. With the win, Texas Tech leads the series in Lubbock, 13-9. The home teams has won the last five meetings in the series.
- Luke Adams extended the Red Raiders’ streak of consecutive games with a 3-pointer to 39 straight. He hit the first three of the game for Texas Tech. Adams finished 2-of-5 from beyond the arc. Javarez Willis was 2-of-4 and Ty Nurse was 1-of-7.
- Javarez Willis netted a career-high 21 points against Oklahoma. He was 8-of-12 from the field and 2-of-4 from 3-point range. His previous best was 18 points against Georgia Southern as a freshman on Nov. 23, 2010.
- Ty Nurse dished out a career-best seven assists on the night. His previous best was four assists at Oklahoma and later tied against Iowa State. It ties Toddrick Gotcher for the most assists in a game this season for a Red Raider. Gotcher had seven assists at TCU on Dec. 6.
- Robert Lewandowski finished the night with 16 points and six rebounds. He was 8 of 19 from the field. The 19 shots are the most he has taken in a game in his career. He started the game 1-for-11, but finished strong, hitting seven of his last eight shots. It was Lewandowski’s seventh double-digit effort of the season and the 28th of his career.
- Texas Tech led 25-22 at the half. It was the Red Raiders first halftime lead in a Big 12 Conference game this season. It is the first halftime lead since lead Southeastern Louisiana, 30-26, at the half on Dec. 30.
- For the second time in league play, the Red Raiders had fewer turnovers than its opponent at halftime. Texas Tech committed just six miscues to Oklahoma’s eight. Overall, it is the fifth time in 24 games that Texas Tech has had fewer turnovers at the half than its opponent. Texas Tech finished with a season-low seven turnovers, committing just one in the second half.
- Texas Tech only used six players in the first half – Ty Nurse, Javarez Willis, Luke Adams, Robert Lewandowski and Jaye Crockett. The Red Raiders have been using a minimum of nine players a game this season. Clark Lammert was the only other Red Raider to see action in the game.
- Texas Tech snapped an 11-game losing streak. It was the longest long streak sing the Red Raiders lost 18-straight beginning at the end of the 1989-90 season and ending at the beginning of the 1990-91 season.