Jordan Tolbert ranks 10th all-time in Texas Tech freshman scoring with 302 points.
Feb. 22, 2012
Recap | Final Stats | Photo Gallery
- Texas Tech’s starters against Iowa State were Ty Nurse, Javarez Willis, Luke Adams, Robert Lewandowski and Jordan Tolbert. It is the fourth straight game Red Raiders have used this starting lineup. It is the fifth time this season this lineup has been used. It is also one of 12 different starting lineups used this season.
- Iowa State now leads the series between the two schools, 11-10. The Cyclones lead the series in Ames, 7-4.
- Texas Tech took a 32-28 lead into the break. It was the first time since Feb. 19, 2011 that the Red Raiders have led at the half of a Big 12 road game, when Texas Tech led Baylor, 32-27, in Waco. It snapped a streak of trailing at the half in 10 straight road games.
- Ty Nurse had 15 points in the first half against Iowa State, it is the most in a half for the junior since he had 17 in a half against Troy in the season opener.
- Texas Tech connected on 6-of-10 3-pointers in the first half. It is the most 3-pointers in the first half for the Red Raiders this season since hitting 6-of-11 treys against Grambling State in the opening frame on Dec. 18.
- Jaye Crockett led the Red Raiders ins scoring for the fifth time this season. Crockett finished the night with 17 points and seven rebounds. He recorded 11 of the 17 in the second half.
- For the sixth time this season, Texas Tech failed to shoot 10 free throws in a game.
- Jordan Tolbert ranks 10th in single-season freshman scoring at Texas Tech with 302 points. He needs four points to move past Bubba Jennings and Lance Hughes, who each had 305 points during their freshman season.