Final Stats |
Terran Petteway had a career-high 10 rebounds against Texas.
Feb. 25, 2012
- Today’s starters for Texas Tech are Terran Petteway, Ty Nurse, Javarez Willis, Robert Lewandowski and Jordan Tolbert. It is the sixth time this season this lineup has been used and the 12th different starting lineup used this season.
- This is the 128th meeting between Texas and Texas Tech, dating back to 1939. The Longhorns lead the all-time series, 75-53. Texas Tech leads the series in Lubbock, 28-26.
- The last time Texas Tech beat Texas was March 1, 2008, in Lubbock, 83-80.
- Today’s attendance is 10,393. It is the second largest home crowd of the season. Overall, Texas Tech is averaging 8,720 fans per game.
- Javarez Willis was a spark for the Red Raiders Saturday. He was 6-of-12 from the field and 1-of-5 from 3-point range. Willis finished the game with 15 points, four assists, three rebounds and one steal.
- Jordan Tolbert netted 15 points and pulled down nine rebounds. He moved past Bubba Jennings (1980-81) and Lance Hughes (1991-92) and into a tie with Sean Gay (1985-86) in seventh place on the Texas Tech freshman single-season scoring list. Tolbert has 317 points in 28 games. His 11.32-point scoring average ranks seventh all-time for Red Raider freshmen. His single-season freshman field goal percentage (.523) ranks fourth at Texas Tech, while his 163 rebounds ranks fourth.
- Terran Petteway had a career-high 10 rebounds against Texas. His previous best was five against Troy (11/11/11) and at Oklahoma (01/17/12). He also played a game-high 43 minutes, finishing with six points on 3-of-8 shooting.
- This was the first overtime game for Texas Tech since Oklahoma State at the United Spirit Arena on Jan. 29, 2011.
- Texas Tech extended its streak of consecutive games with a 3-pointer to 43 straight. The last time Tech failed to convert on a trey was against Texas on Jan. 11, 2011.
- The Red Raiders out-rebounded its opponent for the first time in eight games. Texas Tech won the battle of the boards, 35-34.