Postgame Notes: Big 12 Quarterfinals
March 14, 2013
- Texas Tech is competing in its 17th Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship. The Red Raiders are 14-17 all-time in the tournament and 4-6 in quarterfinal games.
- This is the 29th all-time meeting between Kansas and Texas Tech, with the Jayhawks leading the series, 25-4, including 3-0 in the Big 12 Championships.
- The Red Raiders finish the season 11-20 overall and 3-15 in Big 12 play. It is the most wins since 2011.
- Kansas led from start to finish in the game. The Jayhawks led by as much as 35 points, 98-54, in the second half. Texas Tech got as close as two, 27-25, with 2:55 to go in the first.
- Texas Tech made its first 13 free throws of the game. The Red Raiders finished the game 21 of 24 from the line. It is the best shooting performance (87.5 percent) of the season. The 21 free throws made ranks sixth most for Texas Tech in Big 12 Championship games, while 24 attempts ranks 10th.
- The 12 steals by the Red Raiders against Kansas are the second most steals in a Big 12 Championship game, tying the 12 theft by Tech against Colorado on March 10, 2010. The Red Raiders had 13 steals against Kansas on March 9, 2002.
- Ty Nurse (Sr. / G / Vancouver, B.C., Canada) closed out his collegiate career with no points and one assist in 15 minutes of action. The Red Raider has 339 points for his two-year career at Texas Tech in 59 career games.
- Jaye Crockett (R-Jr. / F / Clovis, N.M.) finished the game with six points and a block in 14 minutes. As the season comes to a close, Crockett ends the season as the team scoring lead, averaging 11.9 points per game.
- Dejan Kravic (R-Jr. / F / London, Ontario, Canada) had 11 points in the first half and finished the game with 20 points. He is the 23rd Red Raider to net 20 points in a Big 12 Championship game. He also tied a career high with three steals.
- Jordan Tolbert (So. / F / Fort Worth, Texas) recorded his 33rd career double digit scoring effort against Kansas. He finished the game with 13 points and a team-best six rebounds. Tolbert finished the season averaging 9.9 points per game.
- Josh Gray (Fr. / G / Lake Charles, La.) fouled out with 4:26 to play in the game. He finished the game with two points, two rebounds, two steals and one assist in the game.
- Dusty Hannahs (Fr. / G / Little Rock, Ark.) buried a 3-pointer for a 10th consecutive game. It is his second 10-game streak of the season. He has netted at least one 3-pointer in 25 of 31 games this season. It is the ,ost of any Red Raider.