Postgame Notes: Texas Tech 88, Northern Arizona 68
Robert Tuner became the 68th different Red Raider to scored 20 points in a game since 1985.
November 11, 2013
- Today’s attendance was 4,415. For the season, Texas Tech is averaging 4,855 fans per game.
- Texas Tech is now 34-5 all-time against Northern Arizona and 20-0 against the Lumberjacks in Lubbock. Tubby Smith is now 1-0 against NAU.
- With the win, Texas Tech improves to 2-0 on the season. It is the third straight season and the fifth time in the last six years the Red Raiders have started the season 2-0.
- With the win, Tubby Smith is now 513-226 all-time as a head coach in 23 seasons.
- Texas Tech is now 1291-1040 all-time in 89 seasons.
- The Red Raiders are 157-71 at the United Spirit Arena since its doors opened in 1999.
- Texas Tech has now had back-to-back games with a positive assist-to-turnover ratio. The Red Raiders had 19 assists to just 10 turnovers against Northern Arizona. In the previous two seasons, Texas Tech had just nine games with a positive assist-to-turnover ratio in 62 games.
- The last time Texas Tech had back-to-back games of 10 or fewer turnovers in a game came at Baylor (9, 02/16/10) and at home against Texas (7, 2/20/10) – a span of 102 games.
- Texas Tech’s 12 3-pointers made is the eighth top single-game total in program history. The Red Raiders were 12 of 22 on the night.
- For the second consecutive game, Texas Tech out-rebounded its opponent by at least nine boards. Against NAU, Texas Tech had 33 rebounds to the Lumberjacks 23.
- Texas Tech had 19 assists against Northern Arizona on Monday. It is the most assists against an opponent since dishing out 19 at TCU on Dec. 6, 2011 – a span of 53 games. In all, nine different players dished out an assist on the night.
- Texas Tech had four players score in double figures for the first time since March 13, 2013, when five players scored in double figures against West Virginia at the Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship in Kansas City, Mo. In all, 11 different Red Raiders scored on the night.
- Robert Turner became the 68th different player since 1985 to score 20 or more points in a game for Texas Tech, when the junior went for 21 on Monday against NAU. He finished the night 8 of 11 from the field and 5 of 6 from 3-point range. He also added four assists and steal on the night.
- Jaye Crockett eclipsed 800 career points on Monday after netting 12 points to go along with four rebounds and three assists. Crockett’s career numbers are now 807 points, 482 rebounds and 78 assists.
- Jordan Tolbert chipped in another workman-like performance against NAU, as the junior had 14 points, seven rebounds, an assist and a block. He is now averaging 15.0 points and 9.5 rebounds through two games.
- Dusty Hannahs had a solid performance against the Lumberjacks with 14 points on 5 of 9 shooting from the field and 4 of 7 beyond the arc. His four treys ties his career high. He laso had a career best four assists on the night.
Official Gear of the