Final Stats |
- Tonight’s attendance is 10,088. It eclipses last year’s season opener, when the Red Raiders had 9,063 on hand for Texas Tech’s 86-67 win over Louisiana-Monroe. It is the largest crowd for a season opener since Nov. 19, 2004, when 10,296 saw the Red Raiders top UNC-Ashville, 119-55.
- Tonight’s crowd of 10,088 is the largest home crowd for a Texas Tech basketball game since Feb. 20, 2010, when the Red Raiders hosted Texas in front of 12,481.
- Texas Tech is now 60-26 in season openers and has won 12 straight. The Red Raiders are 12-1 in season openers in the United Spirit Arena.
- Billy Gillispie is now 7-1 in season openers as a head coach – UTEP (2-0), Texas A&M (3-0), Kentucky (1-1) and Texas Tech (1-0).
- Texas Tech shot more 3-pointers tonight than it did in its first two exhibition games combined. The Red Raiders were 7-of-12 (58.3 percent) in exhibition play. Tonight Texas Tech was 10-of-19 (52.9 percent).
- Ty Nurse’s 29 points is the most by a Red Raider since Mike Singletary had 33 against Iowa State on Jan. 26 last season.
- Texas Tech averaged 29 turnovers in two exhibitions games and committed just 19 tonight in the up-tempo contest.
- Texas Tech shot 61.1 percent from the field (33 of 54), which eclipses the highest percentage of any game last season. The highest percentage last season was 58.8 percent (30-of-51) against Delaware State on Jan. 4.